PRO 106 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

lscroggs

I have a new PRO 106 and am busy learning about it. I have purchased the WIN500 program (a great help) and have been able to initially program the scanner using the RadioReference database. I have a symbol on the display that I can best describe as a lightning bolt. It is on the bottom right of the display only when some of the frequencies are being received. For example the frequencies FM 170.625 or FM 163.625 used by the Border Patrol. I have looked through the owner's manual but I can't find out what the symbol represents. Can someone help me out please? Thanks.

Larry
El Paso, Texas, USA

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
That means that the scanner is picking up a PL/DPL Tone on that frequency. I have a PRO 106 and a Pro 96 and they both do it. The Pro 96 actually has two "lightning bolt" symbols one for tone reception and one for receiving a signal (squelch open)

Chad

NYRHKY94

Hi Larry:

Ab8sn is correct. I looked through the manual and you are correct in that it does not describe what that symbol means. It is normal to see however.

Last edited:

GumbyCT

I am learning my way around the Pro-106 too and I am trying to understand what you are describing. Does this symbol appear on the bottom line of the display between the F2 and F3 keys and looks similar to / but a little crooked ??

On mine I see that when the radio is in scan mode and the squelch is broken. If you press manual and watch - when the signal goes away. so does that symbol.

On that same line and to the far left - the squelch tone also appears, if that helps to ID this symbol.

StingrayJG

Premium Subscriber
I also just purchased a pro-106 and am still learning many things about it. I was also curious as to what that symbol meant and why it was not covered in the manual anywhere. Would've been nice if they could've just given that a brief mention in the book.

I also agree with the original poster about using win500 with the RR database to program the scanner and some of its other settings. I would've been totally lost without it. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.