pro 106 dosnt scan on CB channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
my pro 106 used to scan on the cb channels and n ow it wont. i know i must have hit a button to stop it but i'm lost on how to resume the scan.i cant find anything on it in the manual ..please help

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Can you press the "Srch" button to scroll through the pre-programmed bands? CB is in there...

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
Cb

I can get to the CB area but it wont scan them it just locks on to ch 19 and stays there.I want it to scan all CB channels..

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
I can get to the CB area but it wont scan them it just locks on to ch 19 and stays there.I want it to scan all CB channels..

Hit your up arrow and that should get it searching again. There may be a weak signal on Ch 19 which causes it to stop there.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
I'm the dumber than a box of rocks guy..

LOL! No, you're not dumb at all. We all struggle with these radios from time to time! In the meantime, why don't you program the CB frequencies into one of your scanlists (until you figure out a solution to the service search issue). That way if the scan hangs up on a particular frequency, you can temporarily lock it out. Here is the Wiki with the frequencies:
Citizens Band - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Just for grins I tried SRCH CB on mine.

Mine won't scan either.

Reason is that it's in a small room very close to 2 computers which are putting up so much RF racket that I have to actuate the attenuator to get it to scan (key ATT). Even with the squelch all the way up without the attenuator there's RF noise the scanner is hearing on CB.

So- move your scanner far away from other electronics because it is sensitive (sensitive is good!), or use an external antenna with coax cable which moves the pickup point away from wherever it is now.
Or set the attenuator to ON.

I have CB 9 and CB 19 set in my normal scan lists and the radio will stop on those channels due to computer noise in several locations where I use both the radio and a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.