PRO 106 example file

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERidenour

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I have a PRO 106. I thought I had it programmed correctly but do not receive much traffic. When I listen to an online web scanner (Scan America), it has all the traffic I expect to hear. We have mostly trunked motorola systems here in Findlay, Ohio. Does anyone have an example file I can study for this area for trunked systems?

thanks

PERidenour

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. I did upgrade and downloaded a file that should have what I want..But..I never hear anything on the Ohio State Patrol. I am pretty sure I hear their communication online on Scan America....Any thoughts? I have a pro-106 so it should pick them up I think. I can hear the new Hancock county MARCS system just fine...

Mike-KC8OWL

Just as a test to make sure you have the MARCS system programmed correctly, run the scanner in Open Mode on the scan group you have set up to monitor OSP. In Open Mode you will be able to hear any traffic being passed on the MARCS tower(s) you have programmed. This will at least confirm that you either have the system correctly programmed or you need to re-program the control channels and system type for the towers you are interested in.

hoser147

Try loading some different sites from your area, into a TSYS you should have plenty of OSP traffic to copy. Best bet is to just play around with the software and scanner till you get it down. When you add the addition TSYS and add Wildcards as Mike suggested that way you will get all the traffic and can confirm the talkgroups with the database.

PERidenour

Premium Subscriber
thanks..let me see what i can...like looking for the Open Mode...i am still so green on this pro 106...will post back in the next day or so...

hoser147

Open Mode on a 106 = Wildcard Group at the end of the TSYS. It can be entered at the end of the talkgroups in Win500 by Ctrl +Shift+N or when you download from the Database by checking the box. Open mode actually applies better to the RS Pro 96 series of radio's than the 106/197/500/600 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.