PRO-106 gone from Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Okay maybe I am missing something. I have been looking for the last 30 minutes on Radio Shack.com and cannot find the pro-106 by part number or search. This a temporary problem or did they finally get rid of this for the GRE model?

wise871

Database Admin
They sometimes come and go on the web site. I've seen this happen before. Try again later. I know my local store has a few in stock still. The PN is 20-106.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm still waiting for my carry case in the mail. I'll let you know how it works out once it shows up.

N1BHH

You need to understand how business works. When a company as big as Tandy has products for sale and the inventory gets below a certain level the product is removed from their website. This is usually a temporary situation. This is apparently caused by many people ordering online over the last few weeks or so, since the scanner has been on sale, causing inventory levels to drop.

This has occurred several times in the last few years. This particular scanner sells quite well, so demand for product would be the cause. I wouldn't go away thinking that they're replacing it with the GRE, since both are made by GRE, it's just that many people want the cheaper radio.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
You need to understand how business works. When a company as big as Tandy has products for sale and the inventory gets below a certain level the product is removed from their website. This is usually a temporary situation. This is apparently caused by many people ordering online over the last few weeks or so, since the scanner has been on sale, causing inventory levels to drop.

This has occurred several times in the last few years. This particular scanner sells quite well, so demand for product would be the cause. I wouldn't go away thinking that they're replacing it with the GRE, since both are made by GRE, it's just that many people want the cheaper radio.

I do understand how business works but thanks for talking down to me. MOST businesses just put 'out of stock' and don't remove it from their website. The last time they had a sale on it they listed it as "out of stock", not removed it from the online store. That is how business works.

Go to their site and search Toshiba 65UL610U and watch what pops up... a page listing the item but listing it as 'out of stock'.

Last edited:

Tramagod

Wow, someone's a little sensative. I read N1BHH's comments as an offer of a possible explanation to the question, but certainly not as being "Talking down" . But that's just my interpretation of his remark.

N1BHH

I do understand how business works but thanks for talking down to me. MOST businesses just put 'out of stock' and don't remove it from their website. The last time they had a sale on it they listed it as "out of stock", not removed it from the online store. That is how business works.

Go to their site and search Toshiba 65UL610U and watch what pops up... a page listing the item but listing it as 'out of stock'.

This has happened before. If you go back in the archives of this thread you will find I have mentioned this before, that when Radio Shack in the past has gone below a certain level of stock they have removed the scanner from their website. I was not talking down to you by any means.

Last edited:

n5ims

I do not know what the Radio Shack policy is, but some of the sites I have worked on for folks had a policy of displaying a product, but listing it as being "Out of stock" when the stock level went below a minimum level and the restock date was populated and within a maximum number of days (often 30 - 45 days) from the current date. If the restock date wasn't populated (either because they didn't know or somebody simply didn't enter the date) or the date on that field in the database was greater than the specified number of days the product wasn't listed on the site.

This was done to help prevent folks from attempting to order an item (on back order) that may no longer be available or would take more time to deliver than the site felt was appropriate for their level of customer service. It was understood from past experience that when folks see the "Out of stock" label, they would often call the site's customer service number and attempt to order the item anyway. This would cause issues either on the call when they were told that an order couldn't be placed or issues later (like multiple calls to customer service) when the item wouldn't ship quickly (the customer would forget the ship date was given to them as several months out and call to ask why it hadn't arrived after being ordered "well over a week ago!").

VE3JSO

i have seen this as well it will prolly be back on the site when they get another shipment at the wharehouse from what i have seen and heard it is still in demand so i can see them keeping on the site for a while longer

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Pro106

Pro 106 $299 this morning. Radio Shack messes up their web site all the time. I don't think it has anything to do with supply. I think it has more to do with the web site being done by the lowest bidder.
Digital Scanners & Police Scanners: Radios | RadioShack.com

Okay maybe I am missing something. I have been looking for the last 30 minutes on Radio Shack.com and cannot find the pro-106 by part number or search. This a temporary problem or did they finally get rid of this for the GRE model?

Status
Not open for further replies.