Pro-106 Heap Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRO93BOB

Heap error
21EA21 : 21F1

Everytime I turn on and off 1-20 and use the function to do this it give me this message and locks up?

Anybody know how to fix this manually? I don't have software yet.

Thanks

PRO93BOB

fixed

I think I fixed the heap error

pressed 0 when turning on and welcome message comes up, and then press 1, and then enter.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
This was discussed over in the GRE forum regarding the PSR-500.... Was something to do with having talkgroups programmed that were not assigned to a TSYS or to a scanlist... something like that.

NYRHKY94

Forts is correct. Per Win500 author Don Starr, this is typically caused by not having a Talkgroup assigned to a TSYS. If you have the Win500 software for the Pro-106, you can quickly find these orphans by doing a sort under the all objects tab. Then review all the Talkgroups and delete (or assign to a TSYS) ) the ones that are not associated with a TSYS. This should resolve the issue.

breadtrk

I used WIN500 but it didn't load the alpha tags like they are in the database. It just loaded "Nashville" for everything, PD Fire, EOC, All of it labeled Nashville. That is useless.

breadtrk

Maybe the program should have been written to not allow such errors to be programmed into the radio.

Import from RR, Load to scanner, simple, don't need a degree to do that.

How about a little less smart ass and a bit more constructive help?

JoeyC

Maybe the program should have been written to not allow such errors to be programmed into the radio.

Import from RR, Load to scanner, simple, don't need a degree to do that.

How about a little less smart ass and a bit more constructive help?

It would be virtually impossible for the radioreference database to know how YOU or any individual wanted to alpha tag talkgroups and freqs that are stored in the database here. Just as it would be impossible for the authors of the programming software to know how YOU wanted to alpha tag something. I have RARELY been satisfied with the alphatagging that is provided by the database, but whose fault is that? Its mine, because I am picky. The software product I use (WIN500 - and I assume all of them do) allow you to choose either the DESCRIPTION field or the ALPHATAG field in the rr database for tagging when you download. They also allow you to EDIT them to your satisfaction. Just because YOU don't know how to use the software doesn't mean it is faulty, buggy or downloads errors. If you don't like Nashville as the first 9 letters of your alphatags, EDIT them, or better yet, choose ANOTHER option for the tag when downloading, or b!tch to your states database admin for not knowing how YOU want your scanner programmed. :roll::roll:

breadtrk

This thread is not about how I want to see things named, it is about the error that the software somehow creates when using the software as it is meant to be used.

Download RR database, upload to scanner. Get an error.

How in the world is that MY fault?

What an elitist bunch of snobs. The software is flawed, simple. Instead of making it MY issue, how about just one of you offering a solution to the problem?

Also, there is no "Display" attribute that WIN500 gives you the option to check on any of the Nashville databases, so checking that option is useless, unless "Display" actually means something else. There is also no check box to select it to show the actual "Alpha Tags" as they are shown in the database, only options to use different elements of the "description" field and the mysterious "Display" field. Even with all of that, no matter how the boxes are checked, it still displays "Nashville" on the scanner when it finds a channel. Changing the "Description" field to what I want does work for me.

That is not the point of the thread however, the thread is about getting an error after simply using the very basic function of the software and database. How can I prevent the error in the first place.

And please, before any more of you post your condescending drivel, know that I am a retired USAF Ground Radio MSGT, earned an EE while in the AF, and now Network Admin for 135 facilities in 11 states. I am capable of reading and comprehending even the most complex instructions. I have thoroughly read all of the posts in the WIN500 thread, read information on other sites on the web, yet can find nothing about using this software and not getting this error. If there is some secret hidden knowledge base that tells how, please direct me to it as that is what I paid for. I didn't pay to be belittled by anyone for using the software as it was intended to be used.

breadtrk

It would be virtually impossible for the radioreference database to know how YOU or any individual wanted to alpha tag talkgroups and freqs that are stored in the database here. Just as it would be impossible for the authors of the programming software to know how YOU wanted to alpha tag something. I have RARELY been satisfied with the alphatagging that is provided by the database, but whose fault is that? Its mine, because I am picky. The software product I use (WIN500 - and I assume all of them do) allow you to choose either the DESCRIPTION field or the ALPHATAG field in the rr database for tagging when you download. They also allow you to EDIT them to your satisfaction. Just because YOU don't know how to use the software doesn't mean it is faulty, buggy or downloads errors. If you don't like Nashville as the first 9 letters of your alphatags, EDIT them, or better yet, choose ANOTHER option for the tag when downloading, or b!tch to your states database admin for not knowing how YOU want your scanner programmed. :roll::roll:

What does this attack have to do with the error? Asshat

bfd300

under the tsys objects tab half way down click "show unnasigned...........whatever is there that does not have a tgid w/ it delete it...thats what i did an nomore errors

breadtrk

Great way to welcome someone to a forum that is looking for a solution. I searched, found a thread relating to the problem, posted my experience, and was attacked like I was the Antichrist.

Fine example.

Status
Not open for further replies.