Pro 106 Help please, newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMoore

I bought one last week and the extended plan to get tech support and they were no-support took it back to store and an employee volunteered to program it for me. He had it 3 days and I picked it up this afternoon and it will not recieve the Forsyth County Ga Sheriff radios.
Anyone have any ideas?

screenersam

I hate motrbro
according to the database Forsyth pub svc is Apco 25, which the 106 is supposed to get

I'd highly recommend getting the cable and Win500 software and programming yourself on a computer with the RR database.

N8IAA

I bought one last week and the extended plan to get tech support and they were no-support took it back to store and an employee volunteered to program it for me. He had it 3 days and I picked it up this afternoon and it will not recieve the Forsyth County Ga Sheriff radios.
Anyone have any ideas?
The Shack doesn't know how to program the scanners they sell. I monitor Forsyth daily on four different scanners. Private Message me (PM) and I'll see what I can do for you:)
Larry

jfhtm350

You might want to check and see if the scanner programmed in the t-tables. I had a problem with that on mine on a P25 trunk system.
You also might want to look and see exactly what he programmed in for you.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Beavis & BH

Anyone have any ideas?

Although I have encountered RS sales personnel with gray matter, I would not recommend letting them program any radio. As I previously indicated, their slogan "you've got questions. we've got answers" must have been their attempt at humor. I would rather have Beavis & BH program my radio.

Although programming the Pro-106/PSR 500 radios can be a steep learning curve for some, don't give up. There are many resources to help you in RR.

JohnMoore

I appreciate your help

I used to work in FC myself back in the crystal radio days and would like to monitor them now, what can you reccommend, I took the 106 back after a week and nada but school buses.
I am definately looking for another that will pick up their new frequencies.
tomorrow 5AM till 2:30PM
denny.moore@boa-us.com
Thanks for the offer

jfhtm350

If you wanting to pick up P25 frequencies, then that was the one you wanted. Uniden makes p25 scanners too but I dont know much about them except they are a little more expensive. GRE is the same thing as Radio Shack. The days of old crystal radio days and typing in the frequency and pressing enter are gone and programming a scanner gets more difficult, but dont let it get you down as someone here will help you program it or even program it for you. You will also need a programming cable and programming software with whatever you end up with.

If you had nothing but school buses programmed in, then that was the guys fault that programmed the scanner for you not the scanner.

N8IAA

I used to work in FC myself back in the crystal radio days and would like to monitor them now, what can you reccommend, I took the 106 back after a week and nada but school buses.
I am definately looking for another that will pick up their new frequencies.
tomorrow 5AM till 2:30PM
denny.moore@boa-us.com
Thanks for the offer

John, I offered to help. I asked that you send me a PM. I live 7 miles from Cumming, but not in Forsyth. My 106 receives the P-25 system quite well. As does my 197, 396XT, and PSR-800. You took back a scanner that, especially, in the county works well when programmed properly. I don't understand:confused:
Larry

N8IAA

RD, if he got it at either of the two RS's in Cumming, they don't do the Black Friday RS sales. They are privately owned and operated. I was going to make him a proposition. Oh, well.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.