Pro-106 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amronb

Premium Subscriber
I've had this pro-106 for about 3 weeks. My first digital. Anyhow, I've read the manuel, downloaded and scanning. the problem is I'm not hearing the police and fire trunked frequenies for the Oklahoma City area. (where I live) I hear all the maint., school buses, ect. but no police & fire. I'm sure I've not done something or did it wrong, but I've racked my brain and can't figure it out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Wes

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I've had this pro-106 for about 3 weeks. My first digital. Anyhow, I've read the manuel, downloaded and scanning. the problem is I'm not hearing the police and fire trunked frequenies for the Oklahoma City area. (where I live) I hear all the maint., school buses, ect. but no police & fire. I'm sure I've not done something or did it wrong, but I've racked my brain and can't figure it out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Wes

The Oklahoma City system uses ProVoice Digital which cannot be monitored by any scanner. However, the police dispatch channels are rebroadcast in analog on the state trunked system. Read everything on the page below:

Oklahoma City Trunking System, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

ProVoice cannot be received with just a scanner. See http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Digital_Speech_Decoder_(software_package)

They also use encryption which cannot be received legally or otherwise.

You will not hear any talkgroup with an "E" or "D" in the mode column.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.