Pro-106 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Hello All!

I need to see if anybody can give me some suggestions on free software to program this scanner.

I am programming this for a friend and the scanner is new to me and I have tried to program the old fashion way (Manually) and I am lost.

I figure programming with the computer would be easier.

Thanks

David

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Try to convince your friend to reimburse you for a package, Win500 comes to mind.
This way, the user has an interface and a file with the entire configuration that can be backed up with a computer's backup program, and can be re-flashed in less than 10 seconds.

VE3JSO

win 500 is a good program and there is also a 30 day free trail on it to allow you to program the scanner and if you decide that you like it you can buy it later and that is the same for other programs like arc 500 and psredit500

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
hello all
i have been drafted to help program a pro-106.
i hold an aas degree in electronics and bachelor of social work and still think the manual is written in some strange language that looks like English...... however......

i have read that programing it with software is the way to go. advice please.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
hello all
i have been drafted to help program a pro-106.
i hold an aas degree in electronics and bachelor of social work and still think the manual is written in some strange language that looks like English...... however......

i have read that programing it with software is the way to go. advice please.

Software should make your programming a lot easier, most folks feel that it does - some don't.

The post above yours lists 3 good choices for programming software.

Here is a better manual that may help also.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks . yeah i found the simple manual.
i will try the software. i used to use sosftwre with my pro-95 and it made life eaiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.