Pro 106 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahand

I have a Pro 106. I recently programmed in P-25 id's from my area. However, i am recieving random id's that i didnt program into my scanner. How can i make this stop where i only hear what i programmed into the scanner? I know scanners use to have open or closed modes and that this one doesn't. How do i resolve this issue?

ron36

on pro 106 randon id"s edit may be your key.

I have a Pro 106. I recently programmed in P-25 id's from my area. However, i am recieving random id's that i didnt program into my scanner. How can i make this stop where i only hear what i programmed into the scanner? I know scanners use to have open or closed modes and that this one doesn't. How do i resolve this issue?

RADIO SHACK PRO 106 HANDHELDS ARE TIME CONSUMING DIFFIULT TO OPERATE..OR PROGRAM. REFER TO MANUAL.... some un wanted id can be locked out by simply push lock out on the unwanted freq... when its talking. if that don"t work..you may want to program all over to make it act right.what we think is channel 1 is not its a block. more than frequency can be programed no channels like old scanners.. ex...channel 1 or block one on your pro 106 can be all one city or agency. determin if your programming 800--or 137.174. 800 look up your 800 frqs get them.. in program mode use the center white buttons arrow up/down you see select frq select it put all 800 for your police city or ems.my number 1 suffolk labled then my 2 is labled another city. then ids after your freq are make one a wild card it will say id then tag on both id /tag wild card on both save then manel it then scan wild card will give 5 digit code automatic in trunking mode. ....its better program your 800 in trunking mode than convential mode. but any un want broad cast hit lock out when they talk . this scanners program 2 ways. for a freq 155.400 is done simply. but set it for ctss code search. never store it ....it will recieve always. if any unwanted ids talk its best to manually edit it then function ?then CL in program mode will delete object or id. to do this fine item program edit current function/ CL it will are sure you want to delete? select yes it will delete the object.

ron36

you can delete unwanted id by manual edit function button / clear will delete id or object. this pro106 does not have seperate they are blocks. each frq. or id is a object. also in program mode select unwanted id ...or scan mode if see unwanted object id or frq manual / function /CL will delete it. when hit the CL scanner will ask are sure you want to delete oject select yes with f1.

jrholm

If all you want are the "Talk Groups" you programed in, eliminate the wild cards you probably have programed into the talk system. That will fix your problem.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Move the "Wildcard" to the "NS" noscan ScanList, monitor it when u want new TG's otherwise scan the best TG's in your original ScanList....

ron36

wild cards are your original trunk mode programming for a set id the groups you want after you have ids in the talk group you want to monitor.. you can lock out wildcard for that ta group afterwards. 73s KAF6115.

wingmaker

I would just lockout the wildcard, then it will only scan the talkgroups you have, and say maybe whatever your listening to, gets a new talkgroup and you dont have it programmed and they switch to it you can go to your Wildcard unlock to scan for the unknown or stop on it and listen for it, just my thought:)

Move the "Wildcard" to the "NS" noscan ScanList, monitor it when u want new TG's otherwise scan the best TG's in your original ScanList....

This would work good also, whatever floats your boat brother;)

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just a hint, leaving the wildcard unlocked allowing the unlisted talkgroups to come through is a good thing for some people. Looking the talkgroup up in the radioreference database will sometimes alert you to agencies you didn't know you could hear?
I hear new talkgroups of interest all the time, that I didn't have programmed previously. ;)

n9zas

wingmaker

Just a hint, leaving the wildcard unlocked allowing the unlisted talkgroups to come through is a good thing for some people. Looking the talkgroup up in the radioreference database will sometimes alert you to agencies you didn't know you could hear?
I hear new talkgroups of interest all the time, that I didn't have programmed previously. ;)

n9zas

I agree, I put the Wildcard first, then I program all known TGs, with each system/tower to its own scanlist:)
LOVE AND BLESSINGS

ron36

talk groups addition.

if you know a 800 or a systems trunking frequencies..try to determine if the system is anolog or digital. or if it set to narrow. i found this most anolog trunking systems are still FM mode ...you can just listen to the frequencies in conventional mode . if you determine the system is apco .talk groups are needed... if 800 p25 mode you can set the frequencey in conviential mode in programming them set each 800 channel to p25 mode this will allow monitoring 800 p25 system with out talk groups and coverage maybe stronger. on a anolog /digital interface system this means system is both.. again these can be programmed in convential mode .. find out wich ones police more active set those to p25 and leave rest in CCST mode. this also avooids talk groups widens coverage. all trunking 151-159 types yes no way around this p25 system talk groups are required. 73,,s

Status
Not open for further replies.