Pro 106 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge47

Used but new to me 106. I need to listen to only one trunked system with only 4 talkgroup ids, Collin County Texas. It seems to work correctly but I am causing the problem.
When i complete the programming and push scan, the bank number, say 1, no longer blinks as if it is being locked out. Pushing the corresponding bank number does make the bank number disappear and reappear but no blinking. I have not locked out this bank. So I prog the same info into bank 2. It then stops blinking. As a result I hear nothing while scanning. The only way I can hear ColCo is in the Analyze mode one freq at a time.
Why when I prog a bank does it not blink and scan the info ?
Yep, Im stumped0. Please help this old goat.
Thanks, Sarge

kc4jgc

Active scan lists shouldn't be blinking while scanning. Make your scan list in question is on. When you press "1", "ON" or "OFF" should briefly appear under "pri" or "PRI" on the right side of the screen. Also, if on, the "1" should appear. If off, a "." would appear in place of the "1".

Now that that's straight, I'm looking at Collin County, This notice jumps out at me:
"One or more sites for this trunking system have gone through the 800 MHz rebanding process. Your scanner may be incompatible, require a firmware update or require special programming to track these sites. Please visit the RR Wiki Rebanding page for additional information." In a nutshell, the scanner needs a little more info in order to scan your system properly.

Here's the link: Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Hope that helps,

Sarge47

Thanks Steve,
Looks like I have been taken again. Since I am on a limited cheap budget, can u recommend an old scanner that will get the rebanded trucked systems please ?
Thanks, Sarge

N8IAA

Thanks Steve,
Looks like I have been taken again. Since I am on a limited cheap budget, can u recommend an old scanner that will get the rebanded trucked systems please ?
Thanks, Sarge

Sarge47, the 106 does all rebanded trunk systems. Your scanner will work quite well on the Collin county system. The info you were given is accurate for scanners that couldn't do rebanded systems. The 106 came out of the box ready to do so.
Shame you can't get a straight answer on RR anymore.
Larry

Did the scanner come with a programming cable? If so, you can download Win500 at Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197, 651, 652), Whistler (WS1040, WS1065), and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400, 310, 410) scanners
L

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I only know how to program the 106 by hand, when you program a "trunk system after you program the freqys in the menu of the system you scroll down the menu and you need to set the "trunking tables for a rebanded system...You need to read the instructions for the 106 in the previous thread....

kc4jgc

Thanks Steve,
Thanks, Sarge

Sarge....
I wasn't saying that the '106 wouldn't work. I said it needs l little more info. That's why I included the link in the wiki. There's at least two rebanded systems on my '106 where it works flawlessly! On the above wiki link, scroll down about half way until you see "GRE/RS/WHISTLER 800mhz Rebanding Table". That's the info the scanner will likely need to properly follow the system.

As Larry stated, it would be much easier if you have the programming cable and are able to use WIN500 to program your scanner. As long as you have all the current control freqs entered, all you need to do is click on one "Trunking Tables" menu to select "custom", then right above is a button labeled "Trunking Tables". A box will appear with another drop down menu. Click on that and select "800 MHz 'Rebanded'", click "OK", save the file, then upload to the scanner and you're set!

If you don't have the programming cable and must do this manually:
PGM>(slot ID for the trunk system)>SEL
Then EDIT (F2), CURR (F2 again),
scroll down to "T Tables", press either left or right arrow until you see "Custom"., press "SEL".

After that, you'll see:
>Trunking Table<
Table 01: SEL
Table 02: SEL

Select Table 01; enter the following info:
Lo Chan: 440
Hi Chan: 559
Offset: 440
Base: 851.025
Step: 25.0
Then press SAVE.

Select Table 02; enter the following info:
Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 719
Offset:0
Base: 851.0125
SAVE

Select Table 03
Lo Chan: 720
Hi Chan 759
Offset: 0
Base: 848.0
SAVE

Select Table 04:
Lo Chan: 815
Hi Chan 831
Base: 846.625
SAVE

Select Table 05
Lo Chan: 958
Hi Chan: 958
Offset: 958
Base: 868.975
SAVE

Select Table 06
Lo Chan: 961
Hi Chan: 1022
Base: 843.40
SAVE
EXIT
EXIT
SAVE

You should be set!!

Please let us know how it works out for you,
HTH,

Sarge47

I need a Volunteer

I am going on deep nights for the next 2 weeks and wont feel like messing with this thing. So if someone wants to... reband it and put in the ColCo 6 freqs and 4 ids ... I will pay all shipping plus supply you with some lunch money. You will not be held to a guarntee.
Contact me via my email 0101.smd@gmail.com

Thanks, Sarge

Sarge47

I see that I have no takers on my offer. THANKS EVERYBODY for your help. I do not have the brains or time to manually reband this thing. I will try and cut my losses and sell it on Ebay and use the money to help save up for a newer model that comes rebanded. You guys are great and thanks again for ur time.
Sarge47 KE5YPB

N8IAA

I see that I have no takers on my offer. THANKS EVERYBODY for your help. I do not have the brains or time to manually reband this thing. I will try and cut my losses and sell it on Ebay and use the money to help save up for a newer model that comes rebanded. You guys are great and thanks again for ur time.
Sarge47 KE5YPB

This scanner does REBANDED trunk systems. You need only program the the control channels in to receive the system you wish to monitor. Get a free download of Win500 at Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197, 651, 652), Whistler (WS1040, WS1065), and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400, 310, 410) scanners if you don't want to do it via the keypad. You can just import it via the software saving a ton of button pushes. Of course, you need the programming cable.
Remember, this scanner needs no extra steps to enter rebanded frequencies via the software!
Larry

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Offers

Sarge47 KE5YPB

I have two people I am helping with two separate radios, one a PSR 500 and/or Pro-106, same rig and a 436HP. I would be happy to program what you need and shoot you a file you could open and then load into your radio. That is a great radio. In order to do this, you need to get the software. I suggest Win500 because you can do the upgrades and I believe even program that cable via this method. In fact, I know you can program the USB cable because I dusted my old unit off and did it on my new laptop.

Win500 even has a free 30-day trial. You could load that puppy up and then tell them you don't want the Win500 software of however the hell they do it now.

So, the offer is there. You can make a choice here.

Sarge47

106 Help

Thanks Guy, thats a great offer. I did find another good guy who I mailed my 106 off to and he pgmd it for $20 plus postage.
However, I have an unusual ? I want to ask you about ColCo trunked.
On the 4 FDs I listen to they of course get on scene, then say : move all traffic to my :fire ground:, I still recv all traffic for that deparetment and any others that mutual aid. How is that possible ? Ive never seen any ColCo fireground freqs and did not say to prog them in.
Sarge and God Bless You

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I don't know where your at but here in Illinois FGnd means they switch to "FG" red-153.83, white-154.28 or blue 154.295 which is very low power to talk specifically at the scene'''''

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guy, thats a great offer. I did find another good guy who I mailed my 106 off to and he pgmd it for $20 plus postage.
However, I have an unusual ? I want to ask you about ColCo trunked.
On the 4 FDs I listen to they of course get on scene, then say : move all traffic to my :fire ground:, I still recv all traffic for that deparetment and any others that mutual aid. How is that possible ? Ive never seen any ColCo fireground freqs and did not say to prog them in.
Sarge and God Bless You
I suspect that what you're hearing is this:

Collin County dispatches fire calls for the smaller cities on talkgroup 912 on the county's trunked system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=15

So you hear that call go out. When companies get on-scene & move to 'their fireground', I believe they are referring to the specific talkgroup assigned to their city. Look at the Fire talkgroup section for the system. Lets use Anna as an example.

Fire call is dispatched by the county on TGID 912.

Once an Anna unit is onsite, or arrives on scene, they move to their city specific talkgroup, TGID 844. That's probably what is being referred to as their 'fireground'. So, if your scanner has all the talkgroups in the fire group, then you would hear anything on the county dispatch ID, 912, as well as on the talkgroup for specific cities.

Of course, as was noted in your other thread, if/when Collin County makes the switch to P25, possibly Phase II, and becomes part of the PAWM system (Plano,Allen, etc), then things may change again.

Status
Not open for further replies.