Pro-106 ID select question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Can the Pro-106 be put into a mode so the user can select up and down through the Talkgroup ID's for a specific system? I would like to land on an ID in the statewide APCO p-25 system, then push the up or down arrow to scroll sequentially through all the ID's in that system.

Example:
I land on ID 2301, Colorado State Patrol Troop 1C.

can I then scroll down to

ID 2329, CDOT TRAF-1

Just by pressing the up arrow sequentially from 2301 to 2329.

Thanks in advance.

rickak

Yes, you can hit manual and scroll through the objects with the arrow pad, but I think you already know that so I am not sure what specifically you are asking for.

You can put the talkgroups in whatever order you want by the object ID number.

Rick

eyes00only

I don't have mine with me but hit manual then the object number
of the first talkgroup in your list, then enter, then scroll down.

JK

lazierfan

Feed Provider
So I need to program it ahead of time to do this?

I am trying to come up with some other way of having an example.

You're saying I have to program in ID's 2000 through 2999, then when I am listening, scroll through. Yes, I could do that.

But, I want to have my ID's in, say, my favorites. My favorites have fire, CSP, Castle Rock Sheriff, Douglas, etc.

If I'm listening to my favorites, then land on ID 2307, CSP TAC 1D, my only option is to scroll through the rest of my favorites, I cannot scroll through the P-25 system Statewide, Like this list From the Databases section of RadioReference.com

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
2329 919 D CDOT TRAF-1 Traffic Channel-1 Transportation
2331 91b D CDOT TRAF-2 Traffic Channel-2 Transportation
8953 22f9 D CDOT HLT MAC Hanging Lake Tunnel Mutual Aid Channel Transportation
2501 9c5 D CDOT VP MAC Vail Pass Mutual Aid Channel Transportation
8018 1f52 D CDOT HLT OPS Hanging Lake Tunnel Operations Center Transportation
2491 9bb D CDOT HWY 1 Highway 1 (Greeley) Transportation
2495 9bf D CDOT HWY 1 J HIghway 1 - John Transportation
2471 9a7 D CDOT 1 J TAC Highway 1 - John Tactical Transportation
2497 9c1 D CDOT HWY 1 K Highway 1 - King Transportation
2473 9a9 D CDOT 1 K TAC Highway 1 - King Tactical Transportation
2499 9c3 D CDOT HWY 1 L Highway 1 - Lincoln (Boulder County & CDOT-to-CSP Denver tion
2492 9bc D CDOT 1 L TAC Highway 1 - Lincoln Tactical Transportation

lazierfan

Feed Provider
I guess I should have not used the term 'talkgroup' in my post. I want to scroll specifically through ID's in a specific system. That system is the Colorado Statewide P-25 system.

eyes00only

It does depend on how you set things up. REMEMBER that it's an
Object Number that you find by doing my above process. I have a small memo book
I use to list therm. It's set up with the agencies (Thornton, Arvada etc.) then the talkgroup (fire disp. etc) The only easy ones I did was when I redid Denver so 11 is district one-channel one, 21 is district two, channel one, 12 district one car to car etc.

JK

W6KRU

I guess I should have not used the term 'talkgroup' in my post. I want to scroll specifically through ID's in a specific system. That system is the Colorado Statewide P-25 system.

When you are in manual mode, you use the up and down arrows to scroll through TGs/IDs. You use the left and right arrows to scroll through the scan lists.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
When you are in manual mode, you use the up and down arrows to scroll through TGs/IDs. You use the left and right arrows to scroll through the scan lists.
Yes, we are in agreement on this fact.

This confirms I need a group of every ID in the Statewide system programmed in so I can do what I want in the OP, scroll through each one at a time sequentially.

W6KRU

Yes, we are in agreement on this fact.

This confirms I need a group of every ID in the Statewide system programmed in so I can do what I want in the OP, scroll through each one at a time sequentially.

I didn't really understand your question but I think I do now. Yes, you will have to program all of the TGs for the system to allow you to scroll through them. Your scanner doesn't know anything about the TGs that aren't programmed by you.

It will also take some effort to get the TGs in numerical order by TG ID #. due to the scanner scrolling in object ID # order. I couldn't figure out what all of the discussion about object #'s was about but now I got it.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Thanks, DDan! I will experiment with my Win500 and see if there's an easy cut & paste or similar macro to program every ID in. I travel extensively in the state and it is intuitively easier for me to look at the entire list then scroll through, than to try to remember which group I programmed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.