PRO-106 in Indianapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Looking at purchasing a PRO-106 as a Christmas gift for a relative that lives and works in Marion County. He is ONLY interested in the PRO-106 model, so please don't suggest ANY OTHER radios/models.

Will only be programming it for Indianapolis / Marion County's system.

Use will be at home location and while mobile around I-465. Will be supplying a Radio Shack 800mhz rubber duck as well.

DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA IS NOT AN OPTION - TRYING TO MAKE THIS AS SIMPLE FOR THE RELATIVE AS POSSIBLE.

Based on my own personal experiences with the PSR-500, I've never been able to monitor this system very successfully while mobile (using my PSR-500 and Radio Shack 800Mhz rubber duck antenna).

What I'm asking for is anyone's EXPERT SETTINGS used in WIN500 (see attached screenshot) that they are using on this system to improve reception. PM's are fine.

Will be using WIN500 for programming.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• WIN500.jpg
    WIN500.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

K9WG

The problem is with simulcast where more then one tower transmits on the same frequency. Commercial equipment can lock in on the strongest signal but scanners can not do so as well. There are areas in the city that this is not as much a problem. (I can get IMPD without any problem at North and New Jersey). The only setting that might help is setting the attenuation on. Other then that not much else you can do except find a good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.