Pro-106 In love with FAV scanlist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanZor

I just fell in love with the FAVORITES scanlist on my Pro-106. Yeah, it is all there in the manual and guides, but I never put it to the test until today. Normally I wouldn't comment on it, but I dig it so much I had to share.

I already have a "hot" scanlist, and viewed the favorite as much the same thing - wrong. What I didn't realize is how flexible the favorite scanlist is in the field. The ability to quickly create a custom temporary scanlist, and then clean it up afterwards blew my mind.

So yep - the Favorites scanlist is #21, and you can program objects into that like any other scanlist beforehand. But not today...

A really hot incident flared up and my various scanlists are going nuts. Instead of doing the lock-out dance on non-relevant comms, I just hit

FUNC-FAV

while scanning to pop the relevant ones into the favorites list as they came up. During a lull, stuff I knew I wanted to be in there was added by going into manual mode, and navigating to the objects I knew would become active later. Again, just FUNC-FAV while in manual mode popped them in. I was overjoyed at not having to manually link them to scanlist 21 as just doing FUNC-FAV saved a lot of steps. I could do that of course, but the FUNC-FAV shortcut saved a boatload of time.

Once I had everything I wanted, I stopped doing a normal scan and just forced the 106 to scan only the FAV scanlist. Just hit FAV. I even had a mix of conventional and trunked in there.

After the incident, cleanup was easy by just going into the GLOB programming menu, CLEAR FAV, and bingo - empty Favorites scanlist, without touching my original objects.

I ignored this feature before, but now see it as the coolest scratchpad / experimental / or incident scanlist I've ever come across.

brikey9613

Favorites

I really like the favorite feature also, I have all the hits that I like all programed into one scan list. Another great feature of the PRO-106.......

McP

A manual, what's that? I really need to take the time to learn these things. I've known it's had the capability, but never read into it. Now I think my scanning life on the 106 will be nicer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.