Pro-106 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfusca

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I currently own a pro-106 that I recently programmed to my county's (montco pa) new 800 rebanded trunked system. The problem I'm having is that when the scanner stops on a TG when there is a tx, there's no audio. this happens on a couple TG's, but not all, and coincidently it happens more on the west system than the east system, and I live in the west, pretty close to a couple tower sites. It also happens with both analog and P25 TGs. I am picking up other TGs fine though. I tried going outside, switching from roam to stationary, and it didn't fix the problem. When I'm going through the channels in analyze mode, it picks up the TGs in question AND I hear audio, but I hear nothing in scan mode. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it a programming error, or could I be in a dead zone? I'll post a link below to my system as well, and tell me if I'm missing something. Thanks!

Montgomery County PA Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Is it the same TGs all the time or does it vary? Could it be the talk groups which are encrypted?

It could be a simulcast issue too.

I suggest asking this in the PA forum where others monitoring this system will see your questions and be better qualified too assist you.

If you do decide to move it don't create another thread, just click on the red and white triangle and ask a mod to move this one.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The issue sounds like you might have an incorrect trunking table that was used while you were programming your scanner. Did you program your scanner via software with a database download, or manually? Software and direct database download should automatically handle any necessary tables, but I could be incorrect about this.

If you manually programmed your system, then you will need too enter a custom T Table that can be found on the TSYS menu using values that can be found in this post.

If you have software available, you should be able to reference this wiki post and follow the instructions to get the necessary tables you need to properly follow a rebanded system.

n5ims

I concur with the trunking tables not being set correctly for the rebanded system. What would happen is the system will tell your scanner to move to Motorola Channel Number 123 (as an example) to pick up talkgroup 456. (Note in this example, all numbers are made up, but explain what this would cause.) Your scanner would then tune to 853.1234, which is what the old (pre-rebanding) translation for channel 123 would be. Since the transmission isn't on that frequency, you won't pick up a signal.

With the correct trunking tables for your system your scanner would instead tune to 851.789, which would be the post-rebanding frequency for channel 123. If your scanner was correctly able to translate the channel number to the frequency using the correct trunking table for translation, you'd tune into the correct frequency and receive the desired transmission.

mfusca

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all!
I programmed the t-table that was relevant to the system and it works just fine now! Who knew all this would be so complicated. If only everyone re-banded back to hi-band....

Status
Not open for further replies.