Pro-106 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superhero182

Hey ya'll, my beloved pro-106 may have bit the dust. I've done some searching on here, and I have seen a few topics on the subject.

If I turn the scanner on it says

"DSP Boot loader...
DSP Boot: F1.1"

Anyone have this exact issue? I've read it can be fixed from anywhere from buying a new PCB board to updating the firmware. I would buy a new board if I knew it fixed it (where can I buy one anyway?), and I would buy a cable if I knew an update would fix it.

I'm at a loss, literally. Scanning was one of my favorite hobbies, and honestly I feel left out of the loop without it!

Any help is appreciated.

stryker106

Premium Subscriber
I would reset it back to factory defaults first. If that does not fix it maybe upload the latest firmware. Then I would take it apart and snap the 2 boards back together. These have fixed some issue I have had with mine.

Superhero182

I did try setting the board, no dice. Any idea how to do a factory reset? I bought my radio refurbished from RS with no manual. Thanks!

Superhero182

Thanks for the link! I tried the "0" button codes to reset and had no luck. The manual mentions "The first key must be pressed while the Welcome/Owner screen is being displayed when you turn on the radio." - that's my problem, I don't get to the point at all even. The first, and only, screen displayed is the DSP Boot loader etc.

I guess next thing is to track down a cable and see if I can restore it that way. That or look into a new PCB board?

SCPD

QRT
To reset your 106 to factory default, Turn off your radio, then turn it on ( as soon as you turn it on)
push ( zerrow then # 1 then enter, then zerrow then # 2 then enter again ) that will put it back to default, then you can start over again. Good luck

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
To reset your 106 to factory default, Turn off your radio, then turn it on ( as soon as you turn it on)
push ( zerrow then # 1 then enter, then zerrow then # 2 then enter again ) that will put it back to default, then you can start over again. Good luck

Read the post just before yours...... post #5

Status
Not open for further replies.