Pro-106 Key Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Well folks, I am quickly approaching the one year anniversary of the best purchase in the scanner department that I ever made. It's my Pro-106. However, my up arrow key has come out due to me putting the scanner in my back pocket quite often. As long as I put it in upside down, it won't come out easily and the button still functions. Still, I want to replace it. Is there a way for me to order a replacement section from rs that you guys are aware of? ...and will it be easy to install?

Here are some pictures of the situation.

Attachments

• 100_7981.jpg
    100_7981.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 836
  • 100_7979.jpg
    100_7979.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,084

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Part number 12469052 for the KEY TOP will cost you $13.89 plus shipping and is In Stock. This item can be ordered through RSU parts in any Radio Shack

Attachments

• HJ90880.jpg
    HJ90880.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 558

tc3sean

If you are slightly mechanically inclined I'm sure you can do it. Just disassemble remove mainboards and take out old keypad and replace with new one.

KE4RWS

Carry-Case . . .

If you carry this top-of-the-line scanner regularly (which apparently you do), I would think about investing in some type of cover or case to carry it in to avoid future mishaps like this one not to mention keeping it cleaner too.

The PRO-106 is a fine scanner and, in my opinion, looks way better than the PSR-500 version. Normally I'm not one to desire walking around with anything with the Radio Shack name prominently displayed, but in this case I think the 106 has a MUCH nicer appearance vs. the 500. This is strange though, as all the other PSR-XXX models have a very nice look to them. But that's just my own opinion of course (I wonder how many prefer the 106 style over the 500 and visa-versa?).

Nevertheless, if you carry it as much as you apparently do, I would really look into a case or something rather than skin it up any more than necessary. I have a friend who carries his 106 in his back pocket and accidently rubbed against a stucco wall, which really did a number on the case as well as some of the screen-printing on it. Tragic incident indeed . . . :(

Twister_2

Feed Provider
If you carry this top-of-the-line scanner regularly (which apparently you do), I would think about investing in some type of cover or case to carry it in to avoid future mishaps like this one not to mention keeping it cleaner too.

The PRO-106 is a fine scanner and, in my opinion, looks way better than the PSR-500 version. Normally I'm not one to desire walking around with anything with the Radio Shack name prominently displayed, but in this case I think the 106 has a MUCH nicer appearance vs. the 500. This is strange though, as all the other PSR-XXX models have a very nice look to them. But that's just my own opinion of course (I wonder how many prefer the 106 style over the 500 and visa-versa?).

Nevertheless, if you carry it as much as you apparently do, I would really look into a case or something rather than skin it up any more than necessary. I have a friend who carries his 106 in his back pocket and accidently rubbed against a stucco wall, which really did a number on the case as well as some of the screen-printing on it. Tragic incident indeed . . . :(

Should I just pick one up off of Scanner Master or is there another site I'm not thinking about?

SOFA_KING

I agree...the 106 is a much nicer looking scanner. MUCH nicer. But the PSR600 is MUCH nicer looking than the PRO-197...at least I think so.

Both are really top notch scanners. The advanced (extended) features they have make it "my kinda radio". I can't imagine me owning a scanner without them. They allow me to tailor these scanners to be just perfect. I hope GRE's next line looks as good as these two!

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I agree...the 106 is a much nicer looking scanner. MUCH nicer. But the PSR600 is MUCH nicer looking than the PRO-197...at least I think so.

Both are really top notch scanners. The advanced (extended) features they have make it "my kinda radio". I can't imagine me owning a scanner without them. They allow me to tailor these scanners to be just perfect. I hope GRE's next line looks as good as these two!

Don't those two scanners look exactly the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.