Pro-106 keypad not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Turn it on and pull the batteries to let the power drain over a couple of days? From whatever programming software you use, load a new, empty, data file putting the scanner back to factory settings?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
PRO 106 to manufactures defalt

The FAST way to reset to default is to leave the batteries in the scanner & turn off the scanner, then turn it back on, as soon as you turn it on push the # 0 then # 1 then inter, then push # 0 # 2 then inter, that will reset it back to manufactures default, then you can start all over again.
Good luck, jbxfire

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just today, the keys on my PRO-106 suddenly became unresponsive. The unit is stuck scanning the favorites list. Oddly, it will not stay paused on a freqw or talkgroup when there is chatter. I guess as soon as the cat gets off my lap, I'll go open this thing up and see what's going on. I tried reloading the memory with Win 500, but no luck...keys are still unresponsive. This is not good as this thing is still my favorite grab and go scanner.

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you have a stuck key somewhere. This may seem like a silly suggestion and I'm sure you already tried this but is the keypad maybe locked out? Press the FUNC key then light key and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.