PRO 106-loading pre-programed files from 'V' folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

When I load a pre-programed file from the V-folder, local freqs, I get the message "E-prom settings have changed" and I loose all my radio settings, they go back to default. Am I missing something?

Highpockets

When I load a pre-programed file from the V-folder, local freqs, I get the message "E-prom settings have changed" and I loose all my radio settings, they go back to default. Am I missing something?

When ever a V-Folder is created it saves all the settings that are setup up for that Folder, so if you have 6 V-Folders with different settings when you load one it over-writes the setting and info that are in the scanner. To stop this, you would have to make sure all the setting in each Folder are the same and re-save them, the freq's and systems can be different, but the settings should be the same so when you load different folders the settings stay the same when over-written. It looks like all the pro-programed folders were setup with the default settings.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber

If it *actually* says "EEPROM changed rebooting..." then brings up a startup screen and starts scanning then it means that it has loaded something and is starting to use it.

Since you haven't said anything about what keystrokes you used before and after the message it's impossible to know if you're missing something.

My best guess is that the radio is ok. You keep loading the same program but are expecting something else to happen.

your working file is a -temp- file,,the one you use to actually scan with.

your v-folders are -Saved- in the radios memory

when ever your load a new folder,your overwriting the existing one.

just keep a file in the v-folders of your regular local,or most used freq's
and just reload it when you need it..sort of like banks,but each bank is
a full scanners memory..

example,
vfolder#
1,local PD and Fire
2.MilAir
3 Federal
4 Utility
5 City Services

ect

Status