pro-106...loading v-folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyjerry

Ok...I'm going to make this very, very simple.
Would it be possible to load five or even ten or more ..up to 21 folders as this is what the 106 boast to save ! ... Saved v-folders into that many scan list? scan list 1-21 !
I would like to scan serveral saved v- folders at the same time....would this be possible with the Radio Shack Pro-106 ?

StinkyB

You can only scan one V-Folder at a time. When you load a V-Folder into the working memory, it will overwright the existing data in the working memory. The V-Folder purpose is you can save different files for different locations,events,ECT, when you need it just load it in.

gyjerry

Thanks Stinkyc B. To bad that you have to program one frequency at a time into the differant scan list and can't program complete systems, conv or trunked.
The way that I unerstand it is that you can only program one system at a time into the 106 into v-folders and load them one at a time so you can scan them on scan list number 1. !!! OR YOU CAN MOVE THE SCAN LIST ONE TO ANY OTHER LIST...BUT STILL CAN SCAN ONLY ONE V- FOLDER AT A TIME.!!
Is this correct.?..you only can scan one v-folder at a time ...and in order to scan other conv or trunked systems or freqencies you must program them one frequency at time....via manual or via software computer program!!

ibagli

To bad that you have to program one frequency at a time into the differant scan list and can't program complete systems, conv or trunked.

You can have up to 1800 objects programmed. TSYS objects take up 10, but other than that there's no restriction as to the number of things you can have programmed. You can put a complete system in if you want.

Is this correct.?..you only can scan one v-folder at a time ...and in order to scan other conv or trunked systems or freqencies you must program them one frequency at time....via manual or via software computer program!!

If you're asking about listening to things that are in different v-folders, yes, that's correct. You have to pick one or the other or put everything together.

It wouldn't be possible to load more than one v-folder, as (among other things) you can only have 1800 objects programmed in EEPROM and it's possible that one folder could have that many.

Last edited:

StinkyB

I have about 7 different trunked systems being scanned at once, I keep them in seperate scan lists, you can have 20 scan lists if you want limit to 1800 oblects total. You can also have conventional frequencies in the same scan list. This is all in the working memory. If my memory serves me right you can put everything in one scan list, but you would not be able to activate, or deactivate the systems you want to listen to, thats why I keep them in seperate scan lists. The V-Folders are handy if you want to load a different setup, I have one for Ohio, if I travel to Ohio, all I have to do is load that V-Folder and it's ready to go.

jrholm

I have all of Los Angeles County in one V-folder and it doesn't even fill up the active memory. I don't know what all your trying to scan but I can't imagine even coming close to needing two V-folders active at once.

kd7ckq

It sounds like you are totally misunderstanding the way a Pro-106/197, PSR-500/600 works. They will do everything a BCD396T will. They will act the same as far as function goes. The main difference is the BCD396T has 0-99 systems with sub-groups. The 106 has 22 banks in 21 V-Folders. V-Folders can be scanned be loaded and scanned one at a time. Now remember, they both do the same thing, they just do it in a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.