Pro-106 Manual Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEColo

I have a RadioShack Pro-106 that I am programming for a friend that just wants a single tower near his home on the radio. The site is 141 on the State DTRS. I have read the manual several times and can get it to scan the the Control Channel as it shows it has great signal strenght but it will not pickup any talkgroups. I do not have the programming cable to do this and our local radio shack is the one who sent him my way :) I am sure I am missing some specific setting in the System. Could somone please look and tell me how their settings are set up for the State DTR System in their Pro-106. Thank you.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I suggest you program a wildcard to start with and see what you get off that tower. Just prove there's traffic first.

SEColo

Sorry I did not explain the original post better, I have the Scanner set up with TG as Wildcard so it should pickup any talkgroup on that tower. I have by BC796D which is picking up our local and state traffic from the same tower no problem. The Pro-106 shows on the top it has All the bars lit up on the signal indicater but never stops or shows a talkgroup when anyone is talking nor does it broadcast any sound out of the speaker. I think I need the specifics of the State System as to how it needs to be programmed into the scanner such as the SYS information 800/900, or P25 Auto, P25 Manual, etc. I hope this helps Thank you.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
P25 Auto, Multi-site set to Stationary. The tower freq in the system freq area.
Be sure the wildcard is assigned to the same TSYS as the tower and that the wildcard scanlist
When looking at the Talkgroups you should see the wildcard TG showing TSYS: the same TSYS you programmed the CC in.

I think that'll do it.
Manual programming is kinda tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.