Pro 106..mute encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Is there a way to mute encryption on the 106 ? went over the manual can not find anything on it..

Unfortunately, that is the biggest downfall of the pro-106 in my opinion :mad:. I have purchased 2 Uniden BCD-396XT's since buying my pro-106 just for that reason. No more annoying encryption audio anymore.:):):):):)
The Pro-106 does just scan by encrypted talkgroups in a trunked system of course, but as for conventional frequencies, you are out of luck.
Bob

KC0CSE

Unfortunately, that is the biggest downfall of the pro-106 in my opinion :mad:. I have purchased 2 Uniden BCD-396XT's since buying my pro-106 just for that reason. No more annoying encryption audio anymore.:):):):):)
The Pro-106 does just scan by encrypted talkgroups in a trunked system of course, but as for conventional frequencies, you are out of luck.
Bob

so the 396xt will mute the encryption?....well that might be my next purchase.....thanks

N8IAA

so the 396xt will mute the encryption?....well that might be my next purchase.....thanks

PSR-800 mutes encrypted too. The cool thing about the 396XT and the 800, is that they will let through unencrypted comms if that TG goes in the clear.
Larry

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber

Yes the 396XT mutes encryption on a conventional P-25 channel or a talkgroup in a trunked system even if you are manually stopped on the talkgroup. The Pro-106 will only "skip by" an encrypted talkgroup while scanning the system.

N8IAA

Yes the 396XT mutes encryption on a conventional P-25 channel or a talkgroup in a trunked system even if you are manually stopped on the talkgroup. The Pro-106 will only "skip by" an encrypted talkgroup while scanning the system.

It won't if you don't tell it to do so. If you have a group wildcard, it will pass both encrypted and unencrypted TG's.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.