Pro-106 Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicPlowboy

I have a Pro-106. I have has it for almost two years. The scanner has been working great up untill a week ago. I for a period of about three weeks and did not use the scanner, I went to listen to it the other night when the storms came through the area in which I live. The scanner will not pick up the trunk system which i had programmed. I double checked all of the CC's and nothing had changed. I even reprogrammed and rechecked the CC's with no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated....

Kingsport, Tennessee

Sullivan County Trunked System

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Any news in your area regarding the agencies you were listening to? The trunking systems rely on towers much like cell phones rely on cell towers. Perhaps a tower or tower farm got hit during the weather, and they switched to portable convoys or a site on the other side of the county.

I can't imagine the radio going dead. Can it still get the weather when you hit the wx key?

AtomicPlowboy

No, the wx will not pick up either. I was considering updating the software......

I can get it to pick up a local business that uses a trunked system but the sullivan county system will not pick up. The "T" does not show up at all to let me know that its reciving the CC's.

Last edited:

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Try a couple of other antennas. Also, I had a Bearcat that constantly needed the antenna soldered back onto the mainboard, internally. Do you or a friend have a cb or a family radio pair? Look up those frequencies and program them in, then Try to listen while transmitting on one of those.

AtomicPlowboy

When a channel is found on that tsys that is working I can press the tsys (F2) then hit analyze and it will show a percentage (99) then a SID:6E15

On the tsys that wont pick up I get nothing when I hit the analyze button. Not even when I scroll through all of the CC's

W6KRU

You should ask your question in the Tennessee forum. It looks like your system is going through rebanding.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
OK, for whatever reason they are using an unpublished cc.
Again, is the agency up and running?

try scanning manually for the cc . Once you find it program it in.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not all control channels are used all the time - in most cases they are rotated on a set schedule. This is to relieve the strain on the transmitter which must on all the time 24x7

Mike

AtomicPlowboy

I understand the use of the control channels. In this particular system there are three. One of them sounds like a "motor running", but still no broadcasting. I can push the tsys button and then press analyze but no info such as SID is given...

AtomicPlowboy

Tried this also to no avail. Getting very frustrated....The radio will pick up what sounds like a control channel but it will not "analyze" or pick up the voice channels....

AtomicPlowboy

I actually had some time to sit down with my scanner, heres what I found:

1. There is a new control channel for the system (859.7375). I was plays around with the tune function and started scanning from the top down. I notated all of the channels that sounded like control channels. I then went back and stored them as TSYS objects and wouldn't you know I found all of the traffic I had been missing. I went back and added the "new" cc to the list and everything is back to the way it used to be.

2. The WX function will still not lock on the the NOAA broadcast.

Sullivan County Tennesse Trunked System

Thanks for all of the suggestions, still can't figure out the WX thing......

AtomicPlowboy

N1BHH

Could it be that the nearest weather transmitter may be off the air for some reason or possibly be running lower power because of technical problems? Either of those, or whatever you are using for an antenna may need to be moved to a more optimum position for weather reception.

rwier

I actually had some time to sit down with my scanner, heres what I found:

1. There is a new control channel for the system (859.7375). I was plays around with the tune function and started scanning from the top down. I notated all of the channels that sounded like control channels. I then went back and stored them as TSYS objects and wouldn't you know I found all of the traffic I had been missing. I went back and added the "new" cc to the list and everything is back to the way it used to be.

2. The WX function will still not lock on the the NOAA broadcast.

Sullivan County Tennesse Trunked System

Thanks for all of the suggestions, still can't figure out the WX thing......

AtomicPlowboy

Nice to read a positive post! Good job, often times the best help around here is "self help", lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.