Pro-106 Next model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

Is there any planned versions known of for the Pro-106 with more details or features than the 106 offers? I'd like to see it cover Nexedge and some other formats.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You'll be waiting for some time with a wish list like that! :lol:

n9zas

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd say the Pro-18 was the next model. The Nextedge is a proprietary format isn't it? If so, don't expect it in a scanner.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The Pro-18 is the new scanner trubo nextedge provoice. I do not see anything that will work for those in the near furture.If those are like most patents they do not expire for 20 years so you have to pay to use if they allow it to be used.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
JT - The attitude laced scanner enthusiast from NW Wisconsin you are misinformed I own 6 P25 digital scanners and 5 analog scanners. I think you were thinking about the Pro-107.
The Pro-18 Is digital P25 works great also does P25 phase 2 pro-106 does not. The 107 is analog.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Pro-18 Is digital P25 works great also does P25 phase 2 pro-106 does not.

The Pro-18 does P25 Phase II? Where did you hear that? The GRE PSR-800 is currently the only radio that will decode X2-TDMA so far. The Pro-18 has yet to be verified to decode X2-TDMA, and no Phase II TGID's are yet on line. The Pro-106/197 is P25 only as you mentioned.

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Dave read the manuals of both as I did. Both have the same items listed and neither one is listing P25 phase II by name. But they both passed the same FCC test both manuals say the same thing the only differance is record led light and playlist pro-18 101 and psr-800 201.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Actually there are less features in the Pro-18, but the Pro-106 and PSR-500 are the same except cosmetics.

The end result is the same for the original post. ProVoice, Nextedge, OpenSky, MotoTurbo, LTR Passport, LTR Multi-net, etc. are not going to be included in the "next" model unless the company's who own the proprietary mode decide to license them within a budget a scanner manufacturer could afford, and their associated customer contracts would allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.