PRO-106 no longer tracks encrypted TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
my PRO-106 no longer tracks encrypted TGs

In one of the upgrades my PRO-106 no longer tracks encrypted talk groups. I know this because when I scan DC Police which is all encrypted, only the TGs that aren't show up and when I manually tune to one of the freqs in the system I can hear the encrypted garbled traffic.

I'm currently running CPU 2.0.

Last edited:

kel415

Premium Subscriber
there are members here that know alot about that but what I have understood you can't track encrypted

dmi

Premium Subscriber
there are members here that know alot about that but what I have understood you can't track encrypted

I've been tracking encrypted talkgroups fine on Montgomery County TRS. I believe what happened after a firmware upgrade (not sure which one) that it no longer tracks them. Either that or DC Police, which is now all encrypted, uses an encryption method which PRO-106 doesn't understand?!? Regardless it should still be able to track the TG regardless of encryption.. you just won't be able to make anything of it.

j

kel415

Premium Subscriber
ya my bad, just did not say it correctly you can track it but the noise is enough to make me get ride of it.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
My 106 runs 2.0 as well, but it still stops on the usual encrypted talk groups...Makes me want to get a PSR -800 just for the ability to mute the garblage.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My 106 runs 2.0 as well, but it still stops on the usual encrypted talk groups...Makes me want to get a PSR -800 just for the ability to mute the garblage.

Enter the encrypted tg into a list, then when it comes up hit TG/LO below the display and it will be locked out. :) Your wild card needs to be on for this to work.

n9zas

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Oddly enough, my PRO-106 tracks encrypted TG on JNCR's (Joint National Capital Region) trunked system. I'm wondering if I need to re-program DCMPD's system again with WIN500?? It's weird that it wouldn't track on 400/800MHz trunked but it works on JNCR

What to do..

vinzep491

its because dc pd is a moto type 2 system with a 3600 b control channel.

the 106 and 197 automatically bypass encrypted tg's on these types of systems.

if it were a 100% p25 system with a 9600cc the scanner would stop on the ENC tg's.

bauta106

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted...Digital...

Somehow i get the idea that Encrypted is getting confused with Digital. Or maybe the user end found out how to enable the Encryption option on the transmitter?. Many times i have heard one side clearly, while the other is Encrypted. FANG is notorious for this. Just saying!

dmi

Premium Subscriber
its because dc pd is a moto type 2 system with a 3600 b control channel.

the 106 and 197 automatically bypass encrypted tg's on these types of systems.

if it were a 100% p25 system with a 9600cc the scanner would stop on the ENC tg's.

My pro-106 before I upgraded was tracking encrypted TG on 3600 cc 800MHz on Montgomery County TRS Montgomery County MD Trunking System, Montgomery County, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies. Now it no longer tracks DCs encrypted or MCs encrypted. I'm looking at Unitrunker and am on the encrypted TG and no audio or any display of TG activity whatsoever. hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.