Pro 106 Not on RS Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

McP

I've noticed for the past two days, the Pro 106 has not been on Radio Shack's website. Does this simply mean they are out of stock for the online sales? A local store by me has it in stock, so it's not off the shelves.

wise871

Database Admin
The sales come and go. The next big sale is always around Black Friday when the prices are normally lower than the yearly sales.

McP

I am not referring to the sales, it's completely off of the Radio Shack website even at it's regular price for the past two days. I haven't seen a product completely removed before unless it was being phased out. Which I doubt is the case with the Pro 106. Hopefully it's just a glitch or a reasonable explanation.

r_eugene1

I've noticed for the past two days, the Pro 106 has not been on Radio Shack's website. Does this simply mean they are out of stock for the online sales? A local store by me has it in stock, so it's not off the shelves.
I also checked on the RS website and couldn't locate a Pro 106 either. But what I did find was a "Pro 18" which was never on the site before, I'm not sure but I think the Pro 106 has been discontinued and the Pro 18 has taken its place. I am not sure but just my opinion.

Now that the Pro-18 has been released, and I see at least two people (maybe three?) have purchased the 18, I found the PDF owners manual and added it to the Wiki for reference:
Pro-18 - The RadioReference Wiki

From what I can tell, no new surprises, and the slimmed-down feature set is just as mentioned on the GRE PSR800 thread:
(For reference)
Features found on the GRE PSR-800 Not found on the Pro-18

Recording / playback
200 scan lists (PRO-18 has 100 play lists)
Tri-color alert LED
Discriminator output
V-Scanner II
Scan Sets
Clock display while "off" (and connected to external power)
Auto power-on ("alarm clock")
"Extra" audio alert tones (PRO-18 has the 7 from PSR-500; PSR-800 has 8 more)
Power-on password

The link on the RadioShack page does not always show up on all browsers I noticed, so you may need to go with a known working PC connection to look at or download the PDF manual.
Hope this helps answering your questions.

homeinva

not on the sight today 10/24/11
and just called the local store they do not even have the item listed in the inventory

sl215

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I noticed the pro 106 has been off the site for the last two days also. Hopefully the 106s in the stores will be marked down lower than $349 for the holidays.

n0lqt

Must have been a glitch somewhere. It's back on there this morning. It does show "out of stock" for on-line purchase, but it is available in most of my local stores....

N1BHH

When it's out of stock it won't appear in the listings apparently. Same goes when they have the refurbished scanners, if they've expended their supply to a certain point they take it off the website.

gambill1

I just recieved a email that gives heads up on sales. one of the items on it for the BLACK FRIDAY SALE is a pro 106 for $299.99 if anybody is interested.

sl215

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the heads up Gambill1. How did you get on that list? Hopefully the $25 Internet coupon will work with it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.