PRO-106 number of lists vs PRO-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfagan

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-96, and just got a PRO-106. On my PRO-96, I have 10 banks, and if each one has a tunked system, I can create 5 lists of talkgroups in each bank, for a total of 50 lists of talkgroups. Has the maximum number of lists I can have now shunk from 50 lists on the PRO-96 to 20 lists on the PRO-106? Or am I mssing something? (I.e., can I subdivide a scan list into sub-groupings like on the PRO-96?)

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
In the 106, there really is no "lists" or "banks", but objects. In a given trunk system you add however many talkgroups you wish to monitor but there is a limit somewhat, of the TOTAL number of objects you can have in the scanner. Remember, a talkgroup AND a conventional frequency are objects.

W6KRU

Better to remain silent and ........

Yes, the 106 only has 20 regular scanlists and 2 special scanlists.

wfagan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks- Objects

Thank you for the replies- To me, for all practical purposes, the PRO-96 also uses objects (each conventional fq with a different PL, and each talkgroup associated with a system, is an object with its own set of properties/methods). It seems hard for me to believe that my objects are less organizable/arrangeable/groupable on the PRO-106 than on the PRO-96, yet it seems that the number of grouping options for talkgroup lists has shrunk from 50 to 20, which is why I'm asking if there is some way to group talkgroups within one of the 20 scanlists. On the PRO-96, for a statewide system in a bank, I can have a readily callable group for Toll Road A, a separate group for Tall Road B, a separate group for Interstates, and quickly step through the 5 or 6 IDs in each list to turn separate territories on and off. On the 106, it seems like I have to step through a list of 25 or 30 IDS in a scanlist to find the one I need. If I make each talgroup list of 5 or 6 IDs a separate scanlist, 4 trunked systems would use up the entire scanner, while on the PRO-96 I'd still have 6 banks left! I gather from one post that in fact the 106 just doesn't permit the grouping and ready addressability of ones "objects" that the PRO-96 afforded, but would love to hear that I've overlooked something. Thanks again for the patience and help.

DonS

Technically, the 20 scan lists of the PRO-106 is "more limited" than the 50 "talk group sub-banks" of the PRO-96. However, there is a workaround that might help...

You can put talkgroups from different systems into the same scan list, then enable/disable the TSYS objects.

For example, if you had 3 trunked systems for Town A, Town B, and Town C, and you categorized their talkgroups by Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, etc., you could put all of the Type 1 talkgroups into scan list 1, all of the Type 2 talkgoups into scan list 2, and so on. You might organize the talkgroups in scan lists by usage, geographical area, etc.; hopefully, 20 would be enough.

When you want to monitor a "type" of talkgroup, enable the corresponding scan list. Then enable (or disable) the TSYS objects that are of interest (or not).

Enabling / disabling a TSYS is quick and easy, if you organize your objects with PC software and your TSYS objects are at specific, known locations (Object IDs):
MAN # # # # L/OUT
where "# # # #" is the one to four digit keys to enter the Object ID of the TSYS.

wfagan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Don, that's just the type of suggestion I was looking for, and hadn't thought of-

Status
Not open for further replies.