Pro-106 off by 12.5khz during trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit49

My first post here, but I am a long time scanner enthusiast.

I am visiting family in El Paso, TX and looking for freqs not in RR. I found one that is in RR, just across the border in Juarez, with a unique problem. RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

I found the current control channel and put it in my Pro-106, through Win500. I start scanning and I see talkgroups populate (with wildcard) but no audio.

When a talkgroup is transmitting, the talkgroup number comes up and I see the voice frequency (in this instance) as 866.1625. Since there is no audio, I start manually tuning around and I am able to see that original talk group come up with audio on 866.1500. It's in Spanish, so I can't understand it, but my curiosity is up.

Unitracker indicates that there are 4 frequencies used for this system, but I have only seen activity on 3. If I watch unitracker and see a talkgroup transmitting, I can quickly "tune" to the corrected frequency.

LCN - Freq
440 - 862.0125 no activity, but should be 862.0000
606 - 866.1625 should be 866.1500
610 - 866.2500 is the control channel with 99%, SID:7702, S--, CT:105.88
615 - 866.3875 should be 866.3750

In Unitracker, in the Wizard shows me an option for "Red Deer" which indicates the correct frequencies. How do I program the "Red Deer" pattern into my scanner to choose the correct trunked frequencies?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

al95

My first post here, but I am a long time scanner enthusiast.

I am visiting family in El Paso, TX and looking for freqs not in RR. I found one that is in RR, just across the border in Juarez, with a unique problem. RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

I found the current control channel and put it in my Pro-106, through Win500. I start scanning and I see talkgroups populate (with wildcard) but no audio.

When a talkgroup is transmitting, the talkgroup number comes up and I see the voice frequency (in this instance) as 866.1625. Since there is no audio, I start manually tuning around and I am able to see that original talk group come up with audio on 866.1500. It's in Spanish, so I can't understand it, but my curiosity is up.

Unitracker indicates that there are 4 frequencies used for this system, but I have only seen activity on 3. If I watch unitracker and see a talkgroup transmitting, I can quickly "tune" to the corrected frequency.

LCN - Freq
440 - 862.0125 no activity, but should be 862.0000
606 - 866.1625 should be 866.1500
610 - 866.2500 is the control channel with 99%, SID:7702, S--, CT:105.88
615 - 866.3875 should be 866.3750

In Unitracker, in the Wizard shows me an option for "Red Deer" which indicates the correct frequencies. How do I program the "Red Deer" pattern into my scanner to choose the correct trunked frequencies?

Thanks in advance.

All you need to do edit the trunking system. Press PGM then EDIT the use the right arrow until you see TSYS on the display now select it now look for the system you program press edit go down until you see T Tables use once again the right arrow and select Splintr now press save.

The other way of doing this is stopping on the scanlist where the trunking system is save on lets 1 . Press pgm, edit, curr, go down once(TSYS) is highlighted by the curusor, press sel, now go down and select T Talbels use the right arrow and select the Splintr, and press save. I hope this helps you. I need to use this because I live near Border to Mexico.

mrfixit49

hmm try enabling flex step ?... just a guess

Puzzle, thanks but enabling Flex Step didn't help. I deleted the TSYS then enabled Flex Step and stored the Control Channel. The scanner still tunes to the incorrect frequencies.

All you need to do edit the trunking system. Press PGM then EDIT the use the right arrow until you see TSYS on the display now select it now look for the system you program press edit go down until you see T Tables use once again the right arrow and select Splintr now press save.

The other way of doing this is stopping on the scanlist where the trunking system is save on lets 1 . Press pgm, edit, curr, go down once(TSYS) is highlighted by the curusor, press sel, now go down and select T Talbels use the right arrow and select the Splintr, and press save. I hope this helps you. I need to use this because I live near Border to Mexico.

Al, thanks. Yes, I do use Splinter for all US frequencies next to the border. El Paso PD and others work as they should with the Splinter System. This is a Mexican control channel though. We use the Splinter, they use the standard (so I thought before getting here). I tried the splinter method you described very well above and still, the control channel points to the wrong frequencies.

So I did some more research on this "Red Deer" plan from Unitrunker. It seems that Red Deer County uses a custom band plan that Jay911 pointed out below.

The Red Deer plan being talked about comes from this system: Red Deer Public Safety & Public Works Trunking System, Red Deer, Alberta - Scanner Frequencies

Essentially it appears that frequencies are shifted 0.0125 up or down from the "normal" band plan's "LCNs" - I forget which.

So I went to that link, looked up the custom plan, went into Win500 and programmed the following on my existing TSYS:

Trunking Tables (pull down) "Custom"

Press the Trunking Tables button. On the popup I entered.

Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 720
Offset: 600
Base Freq: 866.00000
Step: 25

I sent the data to the scanner and bingo. The talkgroups and corresponding audio/frequency now match!

Looks like Juarez got some radios from Alberta Canada.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.