Pro-106 On-Sale for $289.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I just put it in my cart and it gave me another $50 off making the price $239 :eek:

And purchase is complete. I just got one for $239.99. I'm a little confused as it says the discount is "Save $50 on the Wireless® MiFi® 2200 (17-342) with the purchase of select tablets". I didn't buy a tablet, only the 106 :lol:. Maybe it's a screw up. Better hurry :D

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I just put it in my cart and it gave me another $50 off making the price $239 :eek:

And purchase is complete. I just got one for $239.99. I'm a little confused as it says the discount is "Save $50 on the Wireless® MiFi® 2200 (17-342) with the purchase of select tablets". I didn't buy a tablet, only the 106 :lol:. Maybe it's a screw up. Better hurry :D

Same thing happened to me when I ordered one for my father. Though I bought the 800 antenna as well. I thought it strange as well with the coupon code but never-the-less, RadioShack is required to fill all orders placed under this pricing since it's most likely a computer glitch on their end.

This is a great deal for anyone who's wanted a digital scanner; but they have to act now before these great deals are gone...

NYRHKY94

Great post guys! Just ordered a Pro-197 for the sale price of $289.99 and also got the $50 discount (and free shipping) upon checking out. No sales tax either, so the final price was $239.99! Already received my confirmation e-mail from Radio Shack. Awesome price for a great scanner. Merry X-Mas :)

KB1JHU

Looks like they fixed it. I was checking other items and that $50 off had come up on the Pro-197 as well. Just checked again and it shows this:

Merchandise Subtotal $289.99
Save $20 off a purchase of $175 or more on select products at RadioShack.com! Some exclusions apply. details -$20.00
Estimated Shipping & Handling
Eligible for FREE 2-Day Shipping learn more | sign in $6.05
Free Ground Shipping on this product details -$6.05
Sales Tax : Calculated at checkout $0.00
Estimated Total $269.99

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It's been corrected, the extra $50 discount doesn't show up anymore!

NYRHKY94

It looks like a couple of us got very "lucky" with the $50 off at check-out. $269.99 is still a great price for a new Pro-106 or Pro-197! If you are in the market for a digital scanner right now or looking to give one as an X-mas present....this is a good opportunity.

baker954

Premium Subscriber
Was stuck between the BCD396XT and the HomePatrol.

At this price point, when it will receive the same transmissions, I would be a fool to not jump on it.

Got the scanner with the $20 coupon found thru Google, and the USB programming cable was $18.58 when included in the same order as the scanner.

I will consider this, a win.

scannersnstuff

while i think that is a very good price for a digital scanner, you just have to think, what may be around the corner ?. don't forget, it still will not do tdma phase II.

baker954

Premium Subscriber
while i think that is a very good price for a digital scanner, you just have to think, what may be around the corner ?. don't forget, it still will not do tdma phase II.

I wouldn't worry about "what's around the corner." This is just a sale price. It was on sale few months ago and I was irate that I missed it.

It's just a little bit over the price of a "regular" "analog" scanner, really.

I can go without MotoTRBO for a while (personally) if they come out with a new scanner because I don't have that in my area yet.

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal, OP!

MotoTRBO is propreitary. not monitorable by any scanner, nor will it ever be.

Actually it's not. It's based on the DMR standard, which is open.

Digital mobile radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"MOTOTRBO™ is built to the globally recognized Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) standard; DMR is widely backed by major manufacturers of digital professional two-way radio communication equipment."

MOTOTRBO

There's no reason GRE or Uniden couldn't make a scanner that will receive DMR. So I suspect we'll see one eventually.

safetyobc

I agree we will see a scanner that will receive MTROBO eventually but as hobbiest, we probably won't like the price of admission. Much like P25 demands a higher price, MTROBO will likely require an even higher price, and may or may not include P25 at that price. However, if they do make one, I'll be saving my pennies to buy one!! I NEED one bad in my area.

SCPD

QRT
I just ordered a PRO 197 for $289.00 and got the $20 dollars off...BUT I got stuck with tax which was $16. I live in South Dakota...and have been noticing lately that I have been taxted on online purchases.

also with MOTOTURBO, are there any good threds related to turbos and scanning, as to when or if the technology will be available? the turbo technology is a bit over my head, but I would like to read up.

Status
Not open for further replies.