Pro-106 P-25 Simulcast Distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
So many people are having problems decoding simulcast p-25. The truth is There is no scanner on the market that decodes simulcast great all the time. I could listen to my system when I move location, but my house is really bad. I made a quick video just to show others the problems I am having. YouTube - P-25 Simulcast Distortion

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
That's been known for several years now - but thanks for taking the time to make a video too.

That is true. I guess I've been lucking mine is between 97 and 99%. I bleive there are 4 towers in my area. Not really sure. But I still like my Pro-106

SCPD

QRT
So, why do scanners have problems but the actual radios are fine? For example, the actual radios on the officers and in the cruisers never have breaks... no matter the position they are in. Scanners on the other hand (specifically P25) depend on the position and other things?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hey,

Could you tell me what setting you had for the LED flashing for the Fire dispatch?

I like that pattern:D

BTW, liked the video.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
So, why do scanners have problems but the actual radios are fine? For example, the actual radios on the officers and in the cruisers never have breaks... no matter the position they are in. Scanners on the other hand (specifically P25) depend on the position and other things?

See this article which discusses this phenomenon

Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Commercial P25 gear cost about ten times more than retail scanners. They are designed better, built better, and therefore perform better. But even they are not perfect, and experience voice clarity issues on occasion. You'll hear dispatch make reference to the officer "going digital", and they have to repeat themselves, often more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.