Pro 106 p25 700/800 mhz phase1 decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

Thank all for my last post but I have another question. Fist of all let me say whats going on I live in a small county and the local police and fire did not put in there own radio system they call it pggy backing off the nexts county system there are no twers in my county at all I cant hear my police force in my own county but if I drive over to the county they share there radio system with I can hear them great I have tryed every antenna none to man ,j pole ,yag, ect ,plus pre ams ect, and I can hear them for a day and next day nothing they are on a p25 phase1 700/800 mhts system the nears tower to me is20 miles a way from my house. The funny part is I work for the county they are piggy back off and I can talk on my work radio and recive just fine on yhe same system but I can not pick up on my pro 106 unless I am inn the next county is there any setting or any thing I can do to make my scanner recive better so I canhear my locals ? Like I said I tryed alot of antennas and booster already and I have 2.1 Firm ware on my scanner any one can help ?

troymail

Silent Key
Probably not. These new systems are so finely tuned to keep the signals inside the area they are intended to cover.

The difference you're seeing between your work radio and your scanner is a matter of $$$...

I've played over the years a constant battle trying to receive distant systems (and by distant these days I'm mean list 10 miles). It's like some kind of game -- the distant system (e.g. Baltimore City) upgrades to Motorola digital and it's hard to receive them - I get a newer scanner and things are better for a while. Then they change again (P25 Phase I) and I can't receive them again.

Note: the closest Baltimore City tower to my home is only an 11.8 mile drive - so as the crow flies - less than 10.

It's amazing how the reception improves drastically when you cross into the area you're trying to listen to. Even then, with a scanner, it can be a challenge. As with anything, there are always exceptions but not many.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.