pro 106 p25 phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I have a pro 106 that I am trying to listen to p25 phase1. I can here them fine if. I am. About 4 miles from tower after that garble mess. Every one in a while I can hear a word or two I have 2.1 firmware upgrade. I don't understand what's going on. I even bought different scanners uniden gre and took them back same problem I also bought a 800 mhz antenna the system uses 700\800 mhz trunked system I live about 8 miles from the nearest tower. I also puit up a yage or beem outside antenna same problem ii work for the county that I am trying to listen to and my work radio. Beside my scanner pics up fine. The scaner. Garble mess. Any. Help= would be. Ahelp. Thanks for your time

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Herodog, I moved your post to the Radio Shack forum since it has nothing to do with Software Defined Radio or the thread you posted it to.

In the future, please start your own thread in the correct forum instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

Thanks.

Herodog

Yes it is simulcast but before you say distortion when I check my control channel it only has a 44% d_ code rate and thats with a outside antenna, even a 800 mhz beam the only way I can hear the system is when I am in that county or spots in my own county but yeat the county next to me has a p25 con system hear them every where I go whith no problem four countys over they have the same system that I am trying to hear now and hear them great so is it the scanner or the system I am trying to hear

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes... they system you are trying to listen to is likely simulcast, and the one in the neighbouring county is not.

Again... what system are you trying to listen to?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
From the Wiki (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Hanover_County_(VA)):

New P25 System
Hanover County is currently is the process of deploying a new Project 25 system. Motorola is the contracted provider.
The system is composed of 15 towers in a single simulcast site. All towers are currently online, and coverage/grid testing is complete. The county is now in the process of installing mobile radios in all vehicles. Portables have not yet been distributed.
The system employs the use of Linear Simulcast Modulation (LSM) which has proven to be a bit of a burden for scanners.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I feel your pain... I've got a few simulcast systems near me that are a nightmare to try and monitor. Sometimes you will find a sweet spot for the antenna that works pretty well, but it usually seems to drift around. So what works today likely won't work tomorrow... or even 15 minutes from now haha.

Herodog

Thats right this summer I had my antenna 1 foot of the ground that was the sweet spot it lasted to the fall no more sweet spot so this winter found another one it was good in day time at night nothing I moved my antennas fifty times last a day or so then gone again lol now when I am in that county I hear them fine I work for that county and I can put my work radio next to the scanner work radio talks fine scanner nothing or garbled up mess lol the worse part is the county I live in is piggy backing off hanovers system I they do not have any towers in my county just using hanovers towers and the sad part I got to be in hanover to hear the county I live in that sad lol but thank you for you time

Status
Not open for further replies.