Pro-106 P25 tweaks and control freq. question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finto

I am running my 106 with the latest firmware. Trying to monitor this Rhode Island Statewide Communications Network (RISCON) Trunking System, Statewide, Rhode Island - Scanner Frequencies system. I downloaded it from RR using Win 500. I'm in Newport which is in the South Zone. I put all the control frequencies from the north and south zone in. Should I have done this? I'm not getting much on the RISCON at all. Should I put fewer or certain control frequencies in ? As far as monitoring a simulcast are there any threshold tweaks I can do or set to "roam" or no. I'm wondering if it's a location issue or a setup issue. I do have WX priority off . I appreciate the help in advance. Here is another description of the system http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rhode_Island_Digital_System

Last edited:

Finto

Hmmm it seems with a 90 to 97% signal on an analysis I'm getting only half transmissions. Very choppy

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Use the TSYS -> Analyse function to see which control channels you are receiving.
Then delete the ones you can't hear - the radio wastes time checking those channels (in certain setups) and if there's nothing there, it's a total waste of sweep time.

Most folks have decided that setting the system to Stationary (instead of Off or Roam) works better. I always check the "Check all CCs" checkbox too.

I can't help with simulcast as I have no experience with it.

04Z1V6

I looked at the system and would only use the south tower. I do see a ton of encrypted TG's in that system do not put them in your program. I would also program in 154.905 and see if you can receive that. I would also use the setting of stationary this always helps my scanner no matter what the receive rate is.

eclipse175

I'm in north Kingston. Using a pro106. Right on the water the system sounds like garbage. Every talk group is choppy. The signal strength I strong. I don't get it? Does the pro 106 suck at receiving simulcast signal?

k1jbp

Premium Subscriber
I'm in north Kingston. Using a pro106. Right on the water the system sounds like garbage. Every talk group is choppy. The signal strength I strong. I don't get it? Does the pro 106 suck at receiving simulcast signal?
I live in West Warwick, and get the same thing. I even tried putting up an outside antenna without success. It's the system, because I tried a Uniden Home Patrol with the same results.

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Try receiving with no antenna or just a small paperclip stuck in the antenna jack just to see if reducing the signal from an adjacent tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.