PRO-106 Power & Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
just picked up a new 106 yesterday and so far it received P-25 simulcast sites much, much better than my Uniden 396T. one question regarding power and charging.

i use re-chargeables exclusively but do *not* charge them in the radio. i use a separate battery charger for that. i also plan to use an AC power converter to power the radio a good portion of the time. am i assuming correctly that if i use rechargeables in the *black* battery case AND connect the radio to the AC adaptor that the batteries will *not* charge?

ok...a second question. does anyone besides ScannerMaster carry a soft leather case for the 106?

thanks.

swells1969

Premium Subscriber
correct use black battery case, and radio shack sells the soft leather case, its fits great on mine, look on there web site

n3vbj

Pro 106

Radio shack sells a soft case in their stores

I went to Walmart and got 2100 NiMh AA rechargeable in 4 pack for about $10-11 dollars There are 2 settings in the Pro106 advanced menu for alkaline or recharge and the type Nimh or nicad and also there is a chrage time that defaults to 99hrs change that to 8hrs and charge them in the106 it has a charging circuit built in and I have charged mine at least 100 times with no problems.

TES

Radio shack sells a soft case in their stores

I went to Walmart and got 2100 NiMh AA rechargeable in 4 pack for about $10-11 dollars There are 2 settings in the Pro106 advanced menu for alkaline or recharge and the type Nimh or nicad and also there is a chrage time that defaults to 99hrs change that to 8hrs and charge them in the106 it has a charging circuit built in and I have charged mine at least 100 times with no problems.

Be aware that no matter what you set the charge time to the *timer* only functions when the radio is on.

jackj

The main problem with chargers that are controlled by a timer is that the cells are overcharged if they aren't completely discharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.