Pro 106 problem need input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie12

Ok I have a Pro 106 question. I listen mostly to 700 mhz P-25 stuff. The problem is I can be listening to three or four. Since I'm a old time scanner person I'm going to call it a bank instead of whatever the new deal is called. I can be scanning "bank" 1,5,6 and 20 and after awhile I'll notice nobody is talking and I know from over 30 years of listening that they are talking.
I can react over and push a "bank" number say 5 to turn off that bank then turn it right back on and it will start talking again for awhile.

Anybody had that problem? Ideas?

Thanks

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I see that sometimes too and have attributed it to the scanner hearing a signal and stopping on the control channel but the channel isn't strong enough to be decoded into audio.

I could be wrong.

I've reduced the number of marginal control channels I use which seems to help. I'm unsure if tightening squelch would have any effect.

Maybe someone else can explain more?

charlie12

I have about 23 CC programed and I get about 5 to 7 of them at 95+ precent at my home if you can go by the scanner read out. One of the towers is 1.5 miles from my house, if it wasn't for some woods I could see it. It almost seems like it goes deaf, turn a band off then back on and wakes up for a little while.

kayleesdad

with "check all cc" I could only use 2 cc's max per system effectively and if I used more the conversations started getting chopped off, and most of that was simulcast on the 2 cc's. wthout check all cc's it would stop on the less active cc for periods of time. don't know what multi site setting is best for your type of system, but check out all multi-site options and if one of those isn't satisfactory then maybe try breaking it up into different systems with one or two cc's if possible.

cfr301

Attenuator

I have about 23 CC programed and I get about 5 to 7 of them at 95+ precent at my home if you can go by the scanner read out. One of the towers is 1.5 miles from my house, if it wasn't for some woods I could see it. It almost seems like it goes deaf, turn a band off then back on and wakes up for a little while.

Check the ATT Box on the Towers close to your house they may actually be OVERLOADING your scanner. Had that issue here on Ohio MARC's once I set ATT on the tower here in town my reception of other towers and stations improved GREATLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.