pro-106 problems rrengineer georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrengineer

my pro 106 will not program ive tried everything i know arc500 software and manually. the police in my county is encrypted does this have anything to do with my programming .the fire dept is not encrypted and thats what im trying to program what am i doing wrong anyone know what i need to do

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When you say 'will not program', what do you mean?

The police encryption is not likely to be anything you did, unless you mean they're digital (many folks make the assumption that they're the same, and they aren't). It would help to know what system you are programming. Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database
select Frequency Database, and use the various pulldowns to get to what you need.

Here's the ARC500 user guide, in case you didn't know it existed...

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm not a RS person, but we need to start somewhere....best regards...Mike

RomeRon

my pro 106 will not program ive tried everything i know arc500 software and manually. the police in my county is encrypted does this have anything to do with my programming .the fire dept is not encrypted and thats what im trying to program what am i doing wrong anyone know what i need to do

Is this your county?
DeKalb County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Here is Dekalb county P25
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5638

Last edited:

N1BHH

Since you've said your county has gone encrypted, you are out of luck in hearing them. But looking at what has been posted by the others in this thread, there does not appear to be any encryption. There could be some, but it's not noted. They are digital according to the database link shown in this thread.

As far as not programming, you must be activating some scan lists, you have to have talk groups assigned to scan lists and you'll be fine.

rrengineer

pro-106

thanks for the reply. our county police is encrypted and our fire isnt what was posted wasnt my county i live in gwinnett not dekalb. thats where the problem seems to be what solves it? thanks gary (rrengineer)

RomeRon

thanks for the reply. our county police is encrypted and our fire isnt what was posted wasnt my county i live in gwinnett not dekalb. thats where the problem seems to be what solves it? thanks gary (rrengineer)

Gwinnett County, Georgia (GA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

P25
Gwinnett County Public Safety (Project 25) Trunking System, Lawrenceville, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Gwinnett
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=12803

Dekalb
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=12732

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.