Pro 106 programming banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon2950

Premium Subscriber
I had the pro 96 scanner for years and found it easy to operate. Had a electrical surge in my house while it was on charge and fried it! Got a new Pro 106. GREAT scanner! Only thing is, programming is a %#$@*.
I did the programmed frequencies for my county which was sweet! Now I would like to set it up like my old one where I have my city in one bank, other citys in another and so on.
My question is with the pre-programmed frequencies in it for the other areas I dont care about do I delete them so when I have that bank on to hear police only for my city that I put there it isnt wasting time searching the pre loaded county?
I take the software and frequency to the bank I want it in so I don't have to listen to EMS if I dont want to or other cities around.

N1BHH

falcon2950

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Ik have the easy to read site bookmarked and have been reading through it to get a better understanding.
Question though, I understand the no limitation to "objects". ( I believe I used incorrect terminology before) Should I delete the "frequencies" with in the bank if they don't pertain to my area? Would this speed the search since it wouldn't have the additional frequncies to search? Or should I just not worry about the preprogrammed frequencies in a bank I have added objects in?
My old scanner I had only what I listened to in a bank. This scanner is different on the "frequency/Object" ways that it works and I just dont know if I should clean out the un listened to/ non working frequencies in the pre programmed banks to clean it or if it dosent make a difference???

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I too had you issues on how to do this. But taking the previously posted help and ueing those guides along with PSREdit500, I now find the scanner just about as easy to use as my 396T.

Place the desired frequencies and TalkGroups (TGSs) into groups on any of the 22 scan lists. Lists 1 through 20 can all be scanned together as you can deselect any that you wish to bypass. Just like your previous scanner - except that you may not have had 20 banks. 2 additional lists (Favorites and Skywarn) are for quick access like a breaking fire in town or weather alerts. Frequencies or TGs can easily be included in multiple or is so desired none of your scan lists.

Once you have mastered this, the unit operates much like any "old fashion" scanner. But with a ton more of them bells and whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.