PRO-106 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvalho26

I recently aquired a PRO-106 scanner pre-programmed with 10 or so V-Scanner folders. I can load a folder that includes Colorado, but I don't know how to scan that folder. When I hit scan, it sits on Chandler, AZ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I can load the folder just fine, I just can't seem to scan anything past Chandler, AZ.

Uhhh, ok. After loading your Colorado program what IS "Chandler arizona"?
Is it a conventional freq? A talksys? A scanlist?

Whatever it is, lock it out and see what else happens.

Is this the standard Radio Shack pre-load? If so you need to get win500 and work with one of Scanlist's excellent compilations of the real Colorado info. The factory pre-load is only a way to start getting noise out of the radio.

Or go see Erik (abqscan) at his store and ask him to load you up.

cfr301

It is the standard preload. The folder includes AZ, CO, OK, KS.....Is the Win500 software better than the ARC500 Software?

Once the programing is done the software doesn't matter. I use both the ARC 500 is slower than win500 but easier to edit some things in than win500 is for me, but to each his own. I like them both!

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
It is the standard preload. The folder includes AZ, CO, OK, KS.....Is the Win500 software better than the ARC500 Software?

I suggest Win500 because lots of the Colorado folk use it so they can just send you a file and you can put it in your scanner.

With software (of the functional kind - not Scancat-) you can see what's in your radio and remove unnecessary stuff like Chandler.

Working that radio w/o software is like driving in a snowstorm without clearing your windows or using the wipers.

If you don't have / aren't ready for software, go see Erik or someone who can hook a cable to your radio and transfuse good bits in.Takes about 2 minutes.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I recently aquired a PRO-106 scanner pre-programmed with 10 or so V-Scanner folders. I can load a folder that includes Colorado, but I don't know how to scan that folder. When I hit scan, it sits on Chandler, AZ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
When you load V-Scan 8 the default scanlist is #01 which is Chandler.

Colorado scanlist are 05 throuh 10
Toggle 01 off and toggle 05 through 10 on.

cfr301

I suggest Win500 because lots of the Colorado folk use it so they can just send you a file and you can put it in your scanner.

With software (of the functional kind - not Scancat-) you can see what's in your radio and remove unnecessary stuff like Chandler.

Working that radio w/o software is like driving in a snowstorm without clearing your windows or using the wipers.

If you don't have / aren't ready for software, go see Erik or someone who can hook a cable to your radio and transfuse good bits in.Takes about 2 minutes.

I agree 100% with this POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.