PRO-106 programming help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I just got my new scanner yesterday. I have had success at opening the appropriate scan list and having the trunked systems scan correctly. The scan list was #4. I'm attempting to program conventional frequencies now. I have programmed 453.075 and 460.575 (King & Queen Sheriffs Office and King & Queen Fire/Rescue respectively) into scan list 4 but when I hit SCAN it doesn't appear to monitor them. Am I correct in assuming that the frequencies will at least flicker in the display as the scanner scans past them? Also, is there a way to access this scan list to assure myself that I've put them in the right place?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

michaelmikesj

First off the scanner is scanning so fast that the alpha tag is not going to be readable while it is scanning. To see the frequencies you input into the scanner hit manual while it is scanning and push the < > buttons until you get to the scanlist you want to look at. Then push the (UP) or (DOWN) button to scroll through the list.
Now that you have that mastered. Sit in your most comfortable chair and take that book that came with the scanner (USER MANUAL) and READ IT!!!
Keep your scanner close by so you can see for yourself what the USER MANUAL says you need to do to get the most from your wonderful new scanner. Follow the steps given in the USER MANUAL and before you know it you will be able to operate your new scanner in the dark.

Last edited:

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, when I'm in the CONV menu and select SCAN LIST: 4 as well as the other parameters (frequency and the like) and then hit save, it saves it to scan list 1. I have repeated this operation several times in an attempt to get the frequencies assigned to the correct list. Each time it assigns them to list 1. I have consulted the manufacturers manual and I'm pretty sure clear, concise, and easily understandable were not the goals of the writers. I apologize if I'm wasting your time but clearly I'm missing something.

K6ARL

By default the PRO-106 saves to folder 1. To save to a folder other than the default folder:

While creating a new object, scroll to "Scan Lists", and press < > to the folder number that has an asterisk in front of it.

Press ENT. (removes asterisk)

Use < > to select the scan list number you want.

Press ENT. (places asterisk)

Continue with the rest of the process of creating an object.

When you press scan, be sure that the correct folder(s) is/are on. Good luck!

73s
K6ARL

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I've managed to (after repeatedly reading the manual and getting some advice) to master the conventional frequencies and the scan lists that came with my PRO-106. My next step is to program in STARS. The closest site to where I live is Rumford but I would like to hear Richmond as well. I don't have a real computer, just a smartphone so software uploaded are out of the question. If anyone could provide some step by step manual programming instructions I would appreciate it. This is the last step in programming my scanner to my satisfaction and after this I'll leave everyone alone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

CPerk

@crazyjim30 One day if you have time I can meet up and clone what I have in my scanner for you to your scanner, I have King and Queen , Fire and Police, and KW police and Fire and Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover, Caroline, all fire and PD and all of Virginia State Police, Kings Domion, and more in my Pro 106, Just let me know whats best, I got the software and cable for pro 106, I'll do what ever to help you get your scanner going, I was same way at first with this new radio I had the Pro 96 and it was hard to program at first but KEY thing is manual reading but I never could understand it ya know, but shoot me an email if ya want cperkinson9@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do for you, and lastly I live in Aylett my self
thank you, hope everything works out

Status
Not open for further replies.