Pro 106 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
Would I be better off programming in the KSP State Police in a seperate thing( i cant remember what there called) as my others, as opposed to putting them all on one? What I mean is, should I split my codes up, instead of putting them all on one.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Would I be better off programming in the KSP State Police in a seperate thing( i cant remember what there called) as my others, as opposed to putting them all on one? What I mean is, should I split my codes up, instead of putting them all on one.

While I'm not exactly sure what you mean, I will say how I did mine is this (short list):

1: State Police (Troop B) [this is the Troop that covers where I live and is a P25 system]
2: Local County traffic [all of this are the local sheriff, fire, etc., traffic and is all conventional]
3: State Police (Troop A) [for when I travel to that area; normally this bank is turned off so it doesn't scan...also has its own trunking system for towers in Troop A's area, if that makes sense]
etc...

Is that what you mean? Do I have to do it that way? No. But, I like to in the event that I want to turn off the county traffic or the state traffic. Obviously I have more banks programmed with different systems, etc., but for space and time I didn't go through the entire list.

Is that what you are meaning?

Highpockets

If you split things up into different Scan Lists, you'll have better control of what you want to listen to, turn on/off Scan Lists.

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
While I'm not exactly sure what you mean, I will say how I did mine is this (short list):

1: State Police (Troop B) [this is the Troop that covers where I live and is a P25 system]
2: Local County traffic [all of this are the local sheriff, fire, etc., traffic and is all conventional]
3: State Police (Troop A) [for when I travel to that area; normally this bank is turned off so it doesn't scan...also has its own trunking system for towers in Troop A's area, if that makes sense]
etc...

Is that what you mean? Do I have to do it that way? No. But, I like to in the event that I want to turn off the county traffic or the state traffic. Obviously I have more banks programmed with different systems, etc., but for space and time I didn't go through the entire list.

Is that what you are meaning?

YES, that's exactly what I mean. Also could someone please explain to me why I can pick up Richmond KSP which is 110 miles away clear as a bell, but can't pick up KSP Hazard which is where I live? THANKS....

AC9BX

I suggest taking advantage of scan lists. Remember you can put scannable objects in in any order (although putting them in groups and in some priority can be helpful) and then assign them to scan lists however you like.
What I do is put in trunk systems first, conventional objects next, and then talk groups objects. I do it this way because the talk groups I find are the items that change the most often. Lastly I put in search objects or some other things I'm experimenting with.
I have my scan lists organized by importance and region. I left scan list 1 as the default. 2 is my area and Statewide emergency objects such as my State and county EMA. 3 is for local objects only, my police, fire, schools, and public works. 4 is regional including police and fire from neigboring communities. 5 includes more unusal things such as busses, tow truck, and businesses. I then have a list I monitor when I'm in other locations, a list for experimenting, and a skywarn list. This way I can simply press a button to turn a list on or off depending on how I wish to listen.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
YES, that's exactly what I mean. Also could someone please explain to me why I can pick up Richmond KSP which is 110 miles away clear as a bell, but can't pick up KSP Hazard which is where I live? THANKS....

Assuming that you did load the the Post 13 frequencies and not the Post 7 frequencies, did you also program in NAC 220 and 221? Been a long time since I was in Perry County. Used to stay at the La Citidale and my favorite eating spot was the Circle T

Status
Not open for further replies.