PRO 106 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

When scanning with the PRO 106 it stops on channels with no voice transmission or any other noise.
I have a PRO 96 that does not have this problem.

Is it possible I do not have something not set correctly.

pogbobo

what just happened?

rofl

edit: whoops, left out the serious part ... I wanted to let you know that my pro106 does the same thing sometimes when I'm scanning TRS's ... but as long as you are getting 98% or so of the traffic I'd call it a good day :)

Last edited:

Wahoos4Life

what just happened?

rofl

edit: whoops, left out the serious part ... I wanted to let you know that my pro106 does the same thing sometimes when I'm scanning TRS's ... but as long as you are getting 98% or so of the traffic I'd call it a good day :)

yea mine also does what you guys are talking about, but it is very rare as you said, Still getting 98 % of traffic so I dont even call this much of an issue for me anyway

Prp 106

Mine also does the same thing but for a $500 scanner i wouldnt consider it a good day. side by side with my 2096 im not even sure im getting 98% of traffic either.. does anyone know the reason for this and is there a fix?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
okay so is there a setting that can fix this problem or should we just by a 996?

There IS a setting. But the radio is so complicated that it would be near impossible to give the answer (even if I could). Appendix B of the radio manual is a place to start. Manual is available online from Radio Shack.

Programming the radio from the front panel can be done but is quite confusing - as you've surely found by searching this site. (you HAVE searched the site, haven't you?)

Get Win500 or other programming software and make it easy on yourself.

rbouch

Premium Subscriber
I HAVE searched this site. I have WIN500 i was looking for some help with the settings i am having a problem with York County Pa. they have about 47 channels so i have to split the sites out. The radio used to work GREAT but i am now having problems with BOTH of my RS scanners. I have a Base and a Handheld. I think something might be off with their system but am trying to figure it out.

Thanks

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I HAVE searched this site. I have WIN500 i was looking for some help with the settings i am having a problem with York County Pa. they have about 47 channels so i have to split the sites out. The radio used to work GREAT but i am now having problems with BOTH of my RS scanners. I have a Base and a Handheld. I think something might be off with their system but am trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Ah. More info helps show that you aren't clueless and helpless.
If it were me I'd setup a TSYS with just one tower - my strongest, closest one with TG wildcard and then start experimenting.

FMON- what does that setting do?

rbouch

Premium Subscriber
i have broken it out in to single site and it still comes and go. my decode rate is going from 30% to 99%. i can sit there and watch it change. but i have a access to a county portable and it will continue to rx without fail

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
i have broken it out in to single site and it still comes and go. my decode rate is going from 30% to 99%. i can sit there and watch it change. but i have a access to a county portable and it will continue to rx without fail

I don't know if decode rate is a valid indicator of health or not. But if that's your strongest site that's what you have to work with.

Next would be careful experimentation with settings. I have no idea what this could be so.... best wishes.
This could be an epic troubleshooting event.

Status
Not open for further replies.