pro 106 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

I currently have a radioshack pro 106 and I monitor King and Queen Police
they use P25 453.075 NAC 293 and I was wondering if someone could tell me why their voice is choppy at times I live right near their tower but it is choppy when they are "screaming" on the radio but when they talk low its fine, is it normal to be so choppy voice , how can I fix that ? I've tried ATT
thanks

KC0CSE

Choppy audio

I have the 106 also here in Kansas City Mo....we have the p25 system also..it is a simulcast system...they tell us that is the problem with "choppy" audio....not a whole lot you can do...other than move it around until you find the magic spot..

PRO 106

CPerk

thank you so much... yupp that what i've done and still wont work at all, and I been trying find their TAC channels but i fail at finding it, they talk on one channel then after few mins they say switch to TAC and i check RR i cant find nothing at all, and choppy signal is starting make me mad it cuts out lot what they are saying at times if they yell to loud or speak fast

W4UVV

K and Q TACS

thank you so much... yupp that what i've done and still wont work at all, and I been trying find their TAC channels but i fail at finding it, they talk on one channel then after few mins they say switch to TAC and i check RR i cant find nothing at all, and choppy signal is starting make me mad it cuts out lot what they are saying at times if they yell to loud or speak fast

Additionally program and scan these simplex frequencies: 453.5375 mhz., 453.6875 mhz. and 453.8125 mhz. for P25 transmissions. If you wish to significantly improve your reception range replace the poor gain stock antenna on your 106 with the Austin Condor available from Grove Enterprises. Post your findings if you get any hits.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.