Pro-106 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

himelrick

I have a couple of questions concerning a Radio Shack Pro-106 as I am considering using this as My primary Scanner again instead of My HP-1
(1) I travel a lot and was wondering if possible to set up 1 folder with just local analog freq.for when I am local and have another folder set up for State wide inter operable ,and maybe another for separate counties ?
(2)Also would it also be possible to load Virginia statewide interoperable in a separate folder ,VA State Police in another ?
(3) same as # 2 for Ohio and Pennsylvania
I know this may be a long shot , The HP-1 works good for the type of traveling I do ,but notice that it hardly picks up analog and can go for a time with out picking up anything ,( I did the version upgrade and updated the database yesterday) while My 106 and a BC350C is picking up a lot more sitting right beside it, any help would be much appreciated if someone would be willing to program this for Me ,that would be fantastic. Thanks Rick KD8OGT

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You can do that I have list 1 as all SIRN,list 2 as Kanawha County(CONV),list 3 FAY CO(CONV) etc with AEP at list 9,you can do it anyway you like,just use Win500 and a subscription to radioreference to make all that easy as pie for you :)

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of questions concerning a Radio Shack Pro-106 as I am considering using this as My primary Scanner again instead of My HP-1
(1) I travel a lot and was wondering if possible to set up 1 folder with just local analog freq.for when I am local and have another folder set up for State wide inter operable ,and maybe another for separate counties ?
(2)Also would it also be possible to load Virginia statewide interoperable in a separate folder ,VA State Police in another ?
(3) same as # 2 for Ohio and Pennsylvania
I know this may be a long shot , The HP-1 works good for the type of traveling I do ,but notice that it hardly picks up analog and can go for a time with out picking up anything ,( I did the version upgrade and updated the database yesterday) while My 106 and a BC350C is picking up a lot more sitting right beside it, any help would be much appreciated if someone would be willing to program this for Me ,that would be fantastic. Thanks Rick KD8OGT

Yes you can do all of what you are asking on the 106. I have a PSR500 (basically the same as the 106) and I just have different areas set up in different scanlists rather than using the folders. All I did was download/program the frequencies I wanted and set them up in different scanlists. I have basically everything from Middle TN to Asheville NC and from Southern KY/VA to Atlanta in my 500 in different scanlists and can just change scanlists as I travel. And the good thing is you can program a statewide system into multiple scanlists so you can keep up with the statewide system wherever you are.

himelrick

Thanks for the info Now if I can find someone to program it for Me .Is there any WV. Members that program these or know who I could contact ? I programmed it when I first got it and never did get it the way I wanted. I really like the ease of the HP-1, just not happy with the reception

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info Now if I can find someone to program it for Me .Is there any WV. Members that program these or know who I could contact ? I programmed it when I first got it and never did get it the way I wanted. I really like the ease of the HP-1, just not happy with the reception

I program mine using the ARC500 software from butel and a premium subscription from RR. There are two other software programs out there Win500 and PSREdit. The first two have 30 day trial membership then you have to purchase them to keep working with them. The last one is free. I purchased the ARC500 and it makes it so much easier to program with my computer rather than programming everything I wanted by hand. It can be done by hand, but it is time consuming. I still program things on the fly by hand if I need to.
And programming it through the software makes it easier to line everything up the way you want it.

himelrick

Thanks. When I first got My 106 ,I got the ARC500 and the RR Membership . It has been 3 years since I did any programming so am a little rusty and apprehensive. lol. Thanks for Your assistance .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I program mine using the ARC500 software from butel and a premium subscription from RR. There are two other software programs out there Win500 and PSREdit. The first two have 30 day trial membership then you have to purchase them to keep working with them. The last one is free.

None of those programs you mention are free, they all require purchasing a license after the free trial period.

Buy PSREdit500 License

Status
Not open for further replies.