PRO-106 rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

emessick3

My local system has just completed rebanding. I have re-programmed all frequencies, but now it will not decode digital voice at all. Analog voice is decoded OK.

Any suggestions?

K3SVA

emessick3

The system is Upper Shore Consortium (Talbot, Queen Anne's and Caroline CO, MD). Was working fine; frequencies shifted down from 866 MHz region to 851 MHz region. No other changes noted, but many mobile and portable units didn't follow properly. I have an xts2500 that followed OK and works normally on the new frequencies.

Thanks for your interest,

73, Gene K3SVA

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
emessick there's been some messages about this in the Maryland forum. Now that the database has been adjusted, you can download the data you need to reprogram the TSYS. The needed custom tables will be set up by any of the big 3 for this system (ARC500, Win500 or PSREdit500) using the PRO106

As for the 996s - well this is a RS forum, so this is OT (and I'll ask the moderator's indulgence here) but I will point you to the upgrading firmware article for these radios, since the original firmware for these radios don't have rebanding support, and will need to be upgraded first. If you are using any of the programming tools for this radio (FreeScan, ProScan, ARC996, etc.) they too will download the correct tables from the database after the firmware is fixed.

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Please ask about rebanding Uniden radios in the Uniden forum (remember you can't ask the same question in more than one forum- that's a nono here) - or better still, since you are asking about the Eastern Shore Consortium, ask in this thread in the Maryland forum...

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma.../276709-upper-eastern-shore-radio-system.html

Mike

Last edited:

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106 has no output

I was receiving only digital channels a few days ago, then I reset the scanner and and put some conventional freq's and talkgrp's in manually and didn't get any receive after that....Today I used win 500 and RR to import local and tlkgrps, still don't have any receive. I have used the rubber duck and 800mhz as well as a car mag mount antenna. How can I tell if there is something wrong with the scanner, or if this has something to do with the rebanding? need to know if I need to invest in another scanner......Thanks.

pharmboy

This may help??

There are a couple of things I can think of off the top of my head....

First, make sure you install the latest firmware (v 2.1) which can be found here: http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/SoftwareDownload/PRO106_FIRMWARE21.exe

The directions should be included in that compressed file. I was losing a lot of transmissions; the upgrade brought them back.

Also make sure the system you are listening to, or trying to, has not recently encrypted their channels.

Do you here ANY sound from the unit? Try doing a "limit search" in the 800 band just to see if you can pick up the digital handshake garble.

Hope this helps as a starting point. I am sure others will chime-in with more recommendations.

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest firmware and I don't think the channels are encrypted....I imported them from this site...and i can see the freq #s on my phone app....I can check on the sound, but seems like the scanner would stop on a channel even if it was the sound wasn't working.....thanks for your help.

KC9WWJ

Technician
Hey brotha, check this link out. Indiana finished rebanding a little over a year ago or so and this has/is working for me. Its a motorola smartzone system here. (AP25 systems will populate their own tables so this is not necessary for those)

If completely done use the bottom table posted (just the two lines), if still in the midst at all, use the top table. (6 lines)

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...6-2096-rebanded-motorola-trunked-systems.html

By the way, i too am using the Pro-106. It helped me tremendously, hope it helps you!

Edit: And to get to the T-Tables, go into PGM > EDIT > CURR, select your talk system, go almost all the way to the bottom and you'll find "T Tables," change it to custom, enter it, then enter your values! :]

Edit: Its late... I shouldve read a little more thoroughly, just apologizing for posting duplicate info! this post can be deleted!

Last edited:

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
pro 106 has no output

I have tried everything mentioned, I'm seriously thinking there is something wrong with the antenna connection...it is scanning fine but wont stop on any channels....also cant get it to stop on the weather channel either...the squelch seems to work because I can hear static when I turn it up....I have taken it apart, but I don't see any loose wires inside....any suggestions...I guess I'm going to have to send it in to the Rat Shack.

emessick3

PRO-106

It sounds like you have a hardware problem; guess you should send it back. My 106 hears everything, it just will not decode digital signals.

Stay tuned!!

Gene

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106 Repair

I took it to a local tv shop and had them solder the wire back onto the bnc, and it still does'nt work. I tried to take it to radio shack, they told me I had to send it in since it was not under warranty. I called 1-800-the-shack and they kept directing me back to my local RS...anybody know who works on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.