pro 106 repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrengineer

im looking for someone that can check my pro 106 radio. it will scan,search and has squelch but will not stop and transmit on any of these no traffic at all any ideas thanks for advise

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
im looking for someone that can check my pro 106 radio. it will scan,search and has squelch but will not stop and transmit on any of these no traffic at all any ideas thanks for advise

It was fairly common for the internal connection of the antenna jack to the circuit board to crack causing a disconnect. Usually carefully opening the scanner case and touching up the connection with a soldering pencil remedied the problem.

minasha

It was fairly common for the internal connection of the antenna jack to the circuit board to crack causing a disconnect. Usually carefully opening the scanner case and touching up the connection with a soldering pencil remedied the problem.
If the antenna connection is the problem he will still receive his local police and fire channels but little else maybe no weather channels either.
So just tune local pd fire or anything and see if you get reception.

CycleSycho

Damn man. You know he just made a mistake by saying "transmit". So why make a big deal out of it by your sarcastic reply?? The guy was asking for help.

:rolleyes: Like YOUR comment added anything to the post. Troll someone else will ya... This is a forum about scanners, in my 55 years in scanners none of them ever transmitted anything... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.