Pro 106 reset so now whats next

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinnc

Pro106 locked up on programing screen so I done factory reset, it was programed by seller years ago and now I need a easy to program (spoon feed for dummies) guide or video so I can get it back in service. I only want to program WILDCARD freq for a P25 tower near me, 7 freq + control freq and alternate control freq. I tried to put these in and everything seemed ok but never could complete or get to screen that said DONE?

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
never found a screen that said "done" on any scanner that ive programmed with or without using software.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-106 is the Radio Shack model of PSR-500. They have physical differences, but operate the same.

When you say "programming" screen, I hope you do NOT mean firmware update. Reseting from there would not be a good thing.

Assuming you are manually programming a trunked system, you'll have to enter a TSYS object with your frequencies and a TGRP object with your wildcard. Once you've entered either, the softkeys are Save Exit Dflt. Press Save (F1). You're taken back a menu level and never presented with Done or similar. At that point, press SCAN. The radio typically displays a message that memory changed, reboots and you're off.

Status
Not open for further replies.