Pro-106 scan list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman99

Hello and good evening. I am new to the pro-106 and would like some assistance from the experts on this forum. I have scan list 1 active and scanning well. I would like to copy the frequencies to scan list two and edit them. I get the nothing enabled message when i turn off scan list one and turn on scan list two. I can go into glob prog and enable the additional scan list, but it never remains enabled, thus I cannot create a new item on it. I have tried using arc -500 with both scan list active, however the same result occurs, nothing enabled after I upload from the computer.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
You must send all scan lists to the radio at one time, unlike the BCD396xt. If you send only scan list 2, it will overwrite everything else.

cadman99

I am attempting to copy the scan list from 1 into 2 is my challenge. If I can do so, I will edit the freq list in two to remove what I do not need there. I thought by saving or duplicating a frequency while list one is active, I could place the copy in list two as an alternative. I am working on learning this, not with much success....

seeham

When you pull up either the conventional or the talkgroup section under scannable objects, go to the scan list column. It will show everything in list 1. Click and change that so both 1 and 2 are checked. Now all information is in both list 1 and 2 and you can now modify what you want in 2. This may or may not be what you are wanting. The other way I understand possibly what you're wanting, you would have to just manually put in the inforation and tag it to list 2.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
On the 106 you do not have to "copy" the frequencies from one scan list to another. In the software it is real simple to put the frequencies in the scan list you want. All you do is under the scan list tab you pick what lists you want that frequency in. These newer object oriented scanners are not like the older scanners with scanlists...meaning if you want 25 frequencies in scan list 1 & you want the same 25 frequencies in scan list 2 but maybe want a couple locales out then you don't copy them from the one to the other scan list, you just pick the two scanlists you want the same frequencies in. Then you upload the entire list ball at once. As jaspence posted earlier when you upload to the scanner it overrides everything you previously loaded. I am familiar with the 106/GRE 500 as well as the 197/600 and they are all the same as far as programming. The learning curve is getting to the point where you understand the differences with these Object oriented scanners compared to the older scanners with banks.

Sent from my N9101 using Tapatalk

mainetrunk

It should look like this--example
freq--162.450
1X 2 3 4
Thats means 1 scanlist active.
1X 2X 3 4
scanlist 1 and 2 active
Note that scanlist 22 is for WX alerts--another story
Wait till your scanlists grow, good luck tracking. lol

Mike_G_D

Think of scan lists as "pointers" to a specific memory location which could contain either a conventional frequency or a trunking talk group. So if you fill one of those "memory locations" you can make "pointers" (scan lists) to it however you want without duplicating the actual item multiple times using up multiple memory locations (as in older "bank" scanner systems).

As the other posters have stated, just assign whatever scan list numbers ("pointers") you want to your frequencies and talk groups - you don't "copy" the contents of one scan list to another (pointless because scan lists are not actual memory "locations") you "assign" scan list membership to frequencies and talk groups as per your needs and you can assign a specific frequency or talk group membership to as multiple scan lists.

-Mike

mainetrunk

But note that IF you lockout an entity thats shares "pointers" to other scanlists, that freq is locked out of all "pointers" If 162.450 is in 3 pointers, and you are only scanning 1, and lockout that freq-then activate 2 and 3 for scanning only, that freq will still be locked out. Thats why I put that freq into every pointer manually. thus having 8-15 of the same freq, but in different locations.. If 1 is locked out, there are more. They really are a great thing to have for the Pro 106..

cadman99

Thank you to all of you for helping me on this. I finally got it working when I realized that the <SEL> button in the manual description is meant to be <ENT>. The help with the list options and lockout pointers is very helpful as I was unsure of how that worked also.

Status
Not open for further replies.