PRO-106 Scan List Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
Just switched over to digital scanning from analog and love it so far, except the scanlst programming has me pretty well perplexed. I live in Phoenix, AZ and I download Phoenix police whch automatically goes into Scanlist One. When I try to D/L Glendale police into scanlist Two PSRedit500 says it will erase everything I have in Scanlist memory (and it does..). Also I have tried ARC500 and it does the same. I was able to move Everything in One over to Two and It still erases Two. What I would like to know,Is the sotware able to do this for me? I want to have One Police Department on Scanlist 1 and one Department on scanlist 2..Isn"t this possibe? After all, There are 20 scanlists. Thanks in advance.for any help you are able to give me.

DonS

It sounds like you're sending data to the scanner (the stuff in your "scan list 1"), then are creating new data on the PC in "scan list 2" and sending it to the scanner.

Every upload to the scanner overwrites everything that's already there. Uploads are not "additive".

In whatever PC software you're using, you need to have everything you want programmed already listed in the software, then upload that complete data set to the scanner.

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
DonS, thanks for your response. OK, I understand that, but how do you seperate the data to the different scanlists, and if I D/L more data will that erase all the scanlists again?

DonS

I can only speak to my Win500 app's features (and not the software you mentioned above), but when retrieving new data from RR, Win500 asks you to specify the target scan list for the newly-imported talkgroups and channels.

The idea (no matter what software you use) is that you create one big "data set" or "configuration" before you ever send anything to the scanner. When you send data to the scanner, that data will replace all of the scanner's contents (V-Scanner folders excepted).

If the scanner already contains data that you want to preserve, you need to read that data into the PC software, make your changes (including adding data from RR, if desired), then send the data back to the scanner.

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
Alright, I have all my data in Scanlist 1 and I am going to save it to V-Scanner. Now, I have 60 Objects but I don't want them in scanlist 1...I want to seperate them into different scanlists. Half of them in 2 and half of them in 3..How is this possible, and do I have to do them all one at a time or is there an easier way?
Also will they stay in their scanlists if ever I should want to D/L more frequencies? Thanks so much for any help I can get on this..

DonS

From the scanner's keypad, you'd have to edit objects one at a time to move them to different scan lists. Within PC software, you should be able to move "blocks" of objects from one scan list to another.

WHENEVER you upload to the scanner, the data you're uploading totally replaces the scanner's contents. If you want to preserve what's already in the scanner, you need to make sure the PC software has the scanner's data before editing/adding and re-uploading. Think of it as having some kind of document in a file on your PC... when you want to add text to that file, you don't just create a new document, type the additional text, then save the "new text" with the old filename - you open the existing file, make your additions, then save the whole file, overwriting the file on disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.