pro-106 screen blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

geois

My pro-106 screen is blank. The scanner is still scanning and receiving freq. I can listen but the screenv is blank.
Can this be fixed and is it worth it.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what the problem is but I am sure it would be worth sending for repair. It may be a broken connection. For the $20.00 diagnostic fee. I think that is what it is- it is worth the trip to Ft. Worth.

talkpair

You might want to check to see if your contrast setting changed.

I know you may be doing this blind, but hit

PROG then F3 then F3 again to restore the contrast setting to default.

Then hit F1 to save and exit

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
blank screen on pro 106

Be for you send your scanner in for repairs, try this first. with scanner on push PGM then GLOB, then look at your CONTRAST NUMBERS, if it is on #1 the light is to low to see any thing on your monitor. Push the
RIGHT ARROW till it hits # 4, the larger the # the brighter it gets, be sure to hit SAVE after words.
hope this helps, jbxfire

N1BHH

Be for you send your scanner in for repairs, try this first. with scanner on push PGM then GLOB, then look at your CONTRAST NUMBERS, if it is on #1 the light is to low to see any thing on your monitor. Push the
RIGHT ARROW till it hits # 4, the larger the # the brighter it gets, be sure to hit SAVE after words.
hope this helps, jbxfire

How can he tell anything if his screen is blank? He's not seeing anything.

SCPD

QRT
If the screen light is turned off in the GLOB file, you can NOT SEE ANY THING on the screen .You have to go to the GLOB file & turn it on or up by hitting the right arrow 3 or 4 times. Once you get to the GLOB file it will be at that point,
just hit the right arrow. jbxfire

Last edited:

N1BHH

My pro-106 screen is blank. The scanner is still scanning and receiving freq. I can listen but the screenv is blank.
Can this be fixed and is it worth it.

If you are using Win500 software to upload files to the scanner be sure to play around with the contrast setting. Mine is set to 16, it's comfortable for me.

http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml

geois

Thanks for all the advice, I think I need to send it off the backlight is on but there is
Nothing on the screen. When it first happen I turned it off and on a few times and the screen seemed normal. Then
I looked at it and it had crazy blocks and symbols then it went
blank. I hope RS will take without any problems and fix it.

SCPD

QRT
Blank screen PRO 106

If you have your receipt it should be no problem, unless you have had it for awhile. Good Luck, jbxfire

geois

I posted that my pro 106 scanner screen was blank someone replied that there was a repair
Person I think his name was Jerry and his shop wad in New York I comtacted him and sounded like he could help me
But I delayed sending my scanner off. Now the reply is gone and I did not write the addess
Down. If someone knows the web sight could they repost it please.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.