Pro 106 seems to be on last leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fellas my pro 106 doesn't want to work all the time. I have to sometimes squeeze with my hands just to get it to work properly. Took it a part and see if I could see anything but did not notice anything wrong. Put it back together and seems to work for now but I'm sure ther is some type of connection problem. So for now I am just holding on to it before I decide to what to do with it. It seems to be in the face plate area where it it is slightly loose.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
depending on where you are actually squeezing you might also want to check the little legs where the battery case connects to the radio. the suggestion about the circuit board is right on the money too as the two boards actually plug into each other

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the above...

You could have a hairline crack or a cold solder joint.

Grab a magnifying glass and then....

Best to take apart and test and wiggle all those connection pins, being carefull to keep them in the proper place. Then wiggle the boards, a non-conductive tool can also help in finding a bad connection.

NOTE: - This is not for the faint of heart because if not tested properly, one can cause more heartache than solving problems. (Best to find a local enectronic geek or radio repair tech to do this then.)

After thought(s) - if there is no display or light on when toggled on - maybe just a power supply issue. Check the power wiring on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.