Pro-106 Signal Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Recently, I have noticed my Pro-106 getting "choppy" and the signal is not as strong. I keep it in the same place and usually have no problem with it up until a couple days ago, now it's all over the place (while scanning trunking). I checked the screw inside the scanner that was supposedly loose on some of the models and it was fine. What could it be? The attenuator is off.

Thank you!

whiskeytango

did you move a tv? did you get a new wireless internet router? did they reband? anyone in the jersey forums notice anything? does the radio system youre trying to monitor use alt control channels?

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
did you move a tv? did you get a new wireless internet router? did they reband? anyone in the jersey forums notice anything? does the radio system youre trying to monitor use alt control channels?

The thing is it's just one location that it doesn't work well anymore - it used to work fine there, now it doesn't. I have it on the ground now and it is fine...what could it be?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
The thing is it's just one location that it doesn't work well anymore - it used to work fine there, now it doesn't. I have it on the ground now and it is fine...what could it be?

Like Whiskytango mentioned, any chance of a source of new interference in the house? (CRT computer monitors, cell phones, etc)

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I didn't add anything new around the scanner - nothing should be interfering. It seems to be one location in my room now - used to be fine there. Could be a fluke thing...who knows...lol

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.